Panasonic CF-54 Bios Password

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by obsolete View Post
    Ive got a cf-54 as well with a bios lock. Serial: 9CTTC23853, Model: CF-54J5886VM
    attached is the bios dump
    if anyone could help it would be appreciated.

I found this but cannot be arsed to decipher it

5B A1 B6 38 11 D1 6C C7 C7 05 22 E5 7D F3 D8 EA 33 22 8E B6 E9 58 44 41 9F 8B FA 8E 55 01 B0 90 0B 5C 66 66 C1 FC 1C 91 77 0C D2 CB 2D 50 88 9D E3 BE 3E 5C 99 3B F4 D1 4F 71 AA 8A 05 F8 60 10
    The bios should have 16MB, you only posted half, remove the chip from the motherboard before writing or reading.
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

I bricked the machine already, and I do not have a bios image. Panasonic site bios images are quite small and I cannot seem to extract them, does anyone have an original image?

Comment

I have a ch341a programmer and have simple clip on the chip, yet i cannot even get a clean erase, i get sections that do not wipe, i fill it with 00 or FF and most of it will delete but some is left over with garbage. Tried reconnecting but no good. Am I missing some secure silly section or something? Bios chip is MXIC 25L12873F. Using 1.34 software. Get the annoying Chip Main Memory with the contents are in disagreement

Comment

I have a ch341a programmer and have simple clip on the chip, yet i cannot even get a clean erase, i get sections that do not wipe, i fill it with 00 or FF and most of it will delete but some is left over with garbage. Tried reconnecting but no good. Am I missing some secure silly section or something? Bios chip is MXIC 25L12873F. Using 1.34 software. Get the annoying Chip Main Memory with the contents are in disagreement
          Use NeoProgrammer software, you`ll find it posted in the forum if you search.
          All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post

Use NeoProgrammer software, you`ll find it posted in the forum if you search.
            I discovered it and it worked well, however I now have realized I I want my original firmware back and only have the truncated 8mb image. I realize now I need a clean ME region apparently to fix the horrible slow post I get while using other peoples bios. Is there anything I can do with that 8mb file? I see other peoples bios give me different model serial etc, and a long boot time. Is it possible to combine my truncated image with the weird 4mb or so bios updates from panasonic?

Comment

I discovered it and it worked well, however I now have realized I I want my original firmware back and only have the truncated 8mb image. I realize now I need a clean ME region apparently to fix the horrible slow post I get while using other peoples bios. Is there anything I can do with that 8mb file? I see other peoples bios give me different model serial etc, and a long boot time. Is it possible to combine my truncated image with the weird 4mb or so bios updates from panasonic?
              Alright I finally got a clean ME region working, it posts fast (thanks to your guide SMDFlea), now I just have ocd about the bios showing another model number and serial. Any easy way to adjust this?

Comment

Alright I finally got a clean ME region working, it posts fast (thanks to your guide SMDFlea), now I just have ocd about the bios showing another model number and serial. Any easy way to adjust this?
                post the working bios
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

post the working bios
                  Serial: 9CTTC23853, Model: CF-54J5886VM

Clear the silly asset tag or maybe make it POOP

for fun operating hours maybe set to 4000 was my goal

If you can figure it out do let me know how you did it, i assume it is somewhere in the image and probably duplicated, hopefully not in the ME region, ill include the un-initiliazed me region version image that I made.
                  I noticed reading pre and post init that serial is pulled into the ME region, so this bin will be pre-init/configured for your convenience.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Serial: 9CTTC23853, Model: CF-54J5886VM

Clear the silly asset tag or maybe make it POOP

for fun operating hours maybe set to 4000 was my goal

If you can figure it out do let me know how you did it, i assume it is somewhere in the image and probably duplicated, hopefully not in the ME region, ill include the un-initiliazed me region version image that I made.
                    I noticed reading pre and post init that serial is pulled into the ME region, so this bin will be pre-init/configured for your convenience.
                    i found model number in hxd just for some reason serial i can only find the first part of it (searching the original serial from the bios i used to make this) I only find 8KTTA (rest of serial is 81421)

Comment

Alright I got serial and model number corrected. For reference, serial is bizzarely written in hex, it is 3 digits summating to the last 5 digits of your serial (so when you find the first 5 letters/numbers, those 3 hex values next to it are the last 5 digits of your serial, they do not come out to ascii in readable numbers, not sure if it is some silly XOR, reversed, IDK, but it I got it.

Comment

Alright I got serial and model number corrected. For reference, serial is bizzarely written in hex, it is 3 digits summating to the last 5 digits of your serial (so when you find the first 5 letters/numbers, those 3 hex values next to it are the last 5 digits of your serial, they do not come out to ascii in readable numbers, not sure if it is some silly XOR, reversed, IDK, but it I got it.
                        The serial etc is at the top of the 8MB file you posted,as you found out. The serial on most models is in full,this one is unusual, havn`t seen it done this way before.The win key is a little bit further down so make sure you copied that as well.

Comment

The serial etc is at the top of the 8MB file you posted,as you found out. The serial on most models is in full,this one is unusual, havn`t seen it done this way before.The win key is a little bit further down so make sure you copied that as well.
                          Yeah my ocd made me find that too, learned that 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 1d 00 00 are the values prior to the license key and only appear once in the bios.

Comment

Hello friends , i can 't boot i got access level : user
                            in rar files there are
                            main dump
                            my unlocked file that didn t work
                            picture of main page of bios
                            thx for your help

Attached Files

Comment

• SMDFlea
                              SMDFlea commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Serial number please

Originally posted by lapfix View Post
                            my unlocked file that didn t work
                            lack of cleaning

Serial 7FTCA37819 write on picture of bios and correct in Bios dump
                            try

SMDFlea weird this repetition here

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cf20 compressed.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	648.4 KB
ID:	3323555

Comment

Originally posted by Maxpower3 View Post

lack of cleaning

Serial 7FTCA37819 write on picture of bios and correct in Bios dump
                              try

SMDFlea weird this repetition here

Name:	Cf20 compressed.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	648.4 KB
ID:	3323555

PERFECT...thank you

Comment

Hello! Can anyone help me to decrypt or remove bios password on my CF54?
                                Attached Files

Comment

Hi, Can someone help with getting the bios password for my Panasonic Toughbook CF-54?
                                I read the forum and found something on github but i couldnt find AMITSESetup with Data subtype.
                                I will attach 2 bios dumps from 2 diffrent programs.
                                Serial No. 7FTCA35762
                                Model No. CF-54D3961T2
                                Attached Files
                                Last edited by OIPPE; 08-27-2024, 05:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OIPPE View Post
                                  Hi, Can someone help with getting the bios password for my Panasonic Toughbook CF-54?
                                  I read the forum and found something on github but i couldnt find AMITSESetup with Data subtype.
                                  I will attach 2 bios dumps from 2 diffrent programs.
                                  Serial No. 7FTCA35762
                                  Model No. CF-54D3961T2
                                  F3 to continue.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                  All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
                                  Become a Badcaps supporter
                                  >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
                                  Thanks to all supporters.
                                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post

F3 to continue.

or try find in hex 41 4D 49 54 53 45 53 65 74 75 70

Name:	image.png
Views:	77
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	3338426

Comment

Originally posted by Maxpower3 View Post

or try find in hex 41 4D 49 54 53 45 53 65 74 75 70

Name:	image.png
Views:	77
Size:	96.1 KB
ID:	3338426
                                      Or just patch it
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                      X