• kjchatman
    replied
    Re: T2 Chip Programmer Tool

still no hack for ibridge 6?

Leave a comment:

• Stephen
    replied

Changing serial is not a bypass for MDM. It’s a permanent unlock however it only works for MDM devices. Serial number needs to match for T2 chip if it is iCloud locked.

Leave a comment:

• .::iRizwan::.
    replied

Originally posted by SteK View Post
    Hi All
    I have been working on the late Mac Mini and found SN is in U4470, I have managed to read and write back with no problems and use the T2 programe to jailbreak it.
    My problem is the T2 wont activate with the serial number, i have tried moding the original BIN files but to no luck, if anyone can give me any help on this matter i would be very grateful.
    Please see attached schematic with overlay https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=110533
    You can't Bypass iCloud by just changing SN.
    it is only for MDM bypass.

Leave a comment:

• SteK
    replied

Hi All
    I have been working on the late Mac Mini and found SN is in U4470, I have managed to read and write back with no problems and use the T2 programe to jailbreak it.
    My problem is the T2 wont activate with the serial number, i have tried moding the original BIN files but to no luck, if anyone can give me any help on this matter i would be very grateful.
    Please see attached schematic with overlay https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=110533
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-26-2022, 06:01 AM.

Leave a comment:

replied
    Re: T203 Programmer and Check M8

Originally posted by coolshrimp View Post
    I have 2 x Macbook Air 2020, both are iCloud locked.

I have tried to use Checkm8 tool (paid) to remove activation but program show an error in CheckM8
    I don't see my specific model "A2179" as compatible but it dose say all 2020 is supported.
    Not sure if they missed adding this model number.

I seen a YouTube video of someone in same situation they used the T203 Programmer then ran the checkm8 tool again and it worked.

Would this t204 work for my model, is it need or should a paid tool alone work.

Is there an alternative I can use besides the "T203"
    I have a "TL866II Plus" and "SOFI SP8-A" that i use for doing laptop and desktop bios password removals.

Macbook Air - 2020
    Model: A2179
    Latest OS
    iCloud Locked
    Your MacBooks have new BridgeOS which is not publicly supported for bypass
    but there is a solution coming for it.
    Off course not free but a solution at least.

Leave a comment:

• curiositymaster
    replied
    Re: T203 Programmer and Check M8

Originally posted by coolshrimp View Post

I have tried to use Checkm8 tool (paid) to remove activation but program show an error in CheckM8
    I don't see my specific model "A2179" as compatible but it dose say all 2020 is supported.

I seen a YouTube video of someone in same situation they used the T203 Programmer then ran the checkm8 tool again and it worked.

I have a "TL866II Plus" and "SOFI SP8-A" that i use for doing laptop and desktop bios password removals.

Macbook Air - 2020
    Latest OS
    iCloud Locked

Can you post the error you got from Checkmate software here?

Leave a comment:

• Stephen
    replied

If it cannot be removed it has the latest iBridge. Sorry man nothing can be done at this time. Just paper weight at this time.

Leave a comment:

• coolshrimp
    replied
    T203 Programmer and Check M8

Macbook Air - 2020
    Latest OS
    iCloud Locked

Leave a comment:

• sinaps1
    replied

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
    Earlier today we received a T2 Locked Mac mini where the customer stated it was MDM, and they said Apple told them this. It appears it was not MDM locked because once the serial was changed it would not communicate with the Apple Activation server, so that confirmed it was definitely icloud locked and it had the newest iBridge patch . Usually even if it has the patch and it is MDM it never matters because I could easily just change the serial and voila activated, but I am starting to wonder if we may come close to MDM removal on M1 devices. I now have a 14" MDM on hand we just got and it makes me want to start digging into the board and seeing about forcing the serial to come up. WISH me luck lol
    I am curious Stephen, was you able to activate the Mac with the new iBridge after you changed the SN? I am not quite understanding what you did. And is a possible Activation/Bypass for the new iBridge=iBoot-7429.81.3?

Leave a comment:

• ugamazing
    replied

T2 Chip not fun to replace best to just ignore it. Matter of time we will have a new jailbreak and maybe one day we could have a solution to program the T2 chip or get access to it to retrieve information like email tied to it or whatever. Here is hoping for the future. I believe like all devices we always find work arounds that work. EFI locks were difficult but eventually we got past them with programmer tools (which required soldering of course) etc. Some didnt require soldering but I personally never liked those tools but they do work to an extent.

Earlier today we received a T2 Locked Mac mini where the customer stated it was MDM, and they said Apple told them this. It appears it was not MDM locked because once the serial was changed it would not communicate with the Apple Activation server, so that confirmed it was definitely icloud locked and it had the newest iBridge patch . Usually even if it has the patch and it is MDM it never matters because I could easily just change the serial and voila activated, but I am starting to wonder if we may come close to MDM removal on M1 devices. I now have a 14" MDM on hand we just got and it makes me want to start digging into the board and seeing about forcing the serial to come up. WISH me luck lol
    Yeah I sure hope we find a software-based unlock, but I feel these M1 boards are a whole different animal. Having the "T2" (sic) inside the CPU is a huge bummer (especially from a hardware standpoint--dead CPU = goodnight). But I wonder if the consolidated RAM or the nands may hold some secrets.

I've looked through a few M1 ROMs and it seems to be a lot of nothing. No serial info or anything from what I can tell. Did find some user-related data like on old SPI ROM dumps (wifi network info, device names, etc) but no user names or emails or anything. Couldn't find serial info to change. Let us know what you find and good luck! If you need any files for comparison, let me know.

Leave a comment:

• Stephen
    replied

T2 Chip not fun to replace best to just ignore it. Matter of time we will have a new jailbreak and maybe one day we could have a solution to program the T2 chip or get access to it to retrieve information like email tied to it or whatever. Here is hoping for the future. I believe like all devices we always find work arounds that work. EFI locks were difficult but eventually we got past them with programmer tools (which required soldering of course) etc. Some didnt require soldering but I personally never liked those tools but they do work to an extent.

Leave a comment:

• ugamazing
    replied

Originally posted by ajbernasko View Post
    bcos I am working on an A2159 with liquid damage, prepped to turn on but keyboard, trackpad, touchbar was not working, changed chasis and got to know it is from the board(SPI_TPAD_CLK_R) was low resistance when motherboard turns on. would I have to change T2 chip or reprogram the EEPROM chip again ?
    May be worth starting a new thread in the repair forum, as you're dealing with a liquid-damaged device. It could be a lot of things in your case. You mention checking resistance with board on (you should not do that); the touchbar circuitry is quite isolated from the trackpad circuitry as well, so the two are unlikely related (but check for STG across all rails to be sure), and if you've reprogrammed the T2 ROM already, then who knows what else could be going on. You may be dealing with several issues, but I'd not even bother looking at the T2 yet.

Leave a comment:

• ajbernasko
    replied

bcos I am working on an A2159 with liquid damage, prepped to turn on but keyboard, trackpad, touchbar was not working, changed chasis and got to know it is from the board(SPI_TPAD_CLK_R) was low resistance when motherboard turns on. would I have to change T2 chip or reprogram the EEPROM chip again ?
    Last edited by ajbernasko; 09-15-2022, 01:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ugamazing
    replied

Originally posted by ajbernasko View Post
    So the T2 chip is a two layered chip ?
    Yes, top RAM layer, bottom CPU layer. Also has over 1,400 balls...very aggravating to work with/reball/etc.

Leave a comment:

• ajbernasko
    replied

So the T2 chip is a two layered chip ?

Leave a comment:

• SMDFlea
    replied

Have a productive argument by all means, but if this thread starts getting petty it will be closed

Leave a comment:

• sinaps1
    replied

Originally posted by .::iRizwan::. View Post
    Agreed
    The only true unlock is "FMM off" from Apple servers.
    everything else is just .....
    and most people don't know but there is bypass for New BridgeOS from a long time.
    as well as EFI Lock remove without updating BridgeOS.
    Can you guide us which don't know that this bypass exist?
    Can you share the information so at least we can bypass at least. I know that the bypass is not definitive, but with the update of the bridgeOS I am stuck and can't bypass the activation lock.

Leave a comment:

• SerGre
    replied

Hi,
    Can anyone read/provide all T2 ROMs from this tool:
    € 383,48 12%OFF | Ufix U-BOS2 For Remove EFI Lock Firmware Lock PIN Code Lock of 2008-2017 Macbook with M1 or T2 ROM Chips BIOS Repairing Tools
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_EuVvu2T

The dumps are saved in device, can anyone extract this?

Leave a comment:

replied

Originally posted by ugamazing View Post
    We've got to stop calling 'bypassed' boards 'unlocked'--they are not unlocked. Can't be updated/wiped, can't be sold as unlocked/working, etc. Gotta keep those phrases separate. Hardware unlock = board unlocked. Bypass = board bypassed with a bunch of limitations.

We've had customers send in boards/units that "locked themselves after installing an update" and turns out they bought a unit with a bypass in place and now they're stuck with a locked board/unit. Some sketchy eBay listings claiming to be selling "T2 unlock services" are just doing the quick bypass that is not a real unlock, but they're calling it an unlock. It's not.

Stephen, you aren't based out of Atlanta, are you?
    Agreed
    The only true unlock is "FMM off" from Apple servers.
    everything else is just .....
    and most people don't know but there is bypass for New BridgeOS from a long time.
    as well as EFI Lock remove without updating BridgeOS.
    Last edited by .::iRizwan::.; 09-08-2022, 05:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• dam1inc
    replied

The drivers come in a folder on the T203 you must install them.
    Can you clear the EFI from this .bin if possible., I already paid for Mina T2 removal but didnt know the device was also EFI locked too. Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dam1inc; 09-06-2022, 02:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X