No announcement yet.

HP BIOS unlock tool

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funny thing before I zip the file they are both 16.0 MB (16,777,216 bytes)

Why would this be?

I've read alot on this forum today and not sure to install a new bios and then try to go trough the process of installing all bios information. Not sure its a little more than I can understand at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Jesse James View Post
      Funny thing before I zip the file they are both 16.0 MB (16,777,216 bytes)

Why would this be?

I've read alot on this forum today and not sure to install a new bios and then try to go trough the process of installing all bios information. Not sure its a little more than I can understand at this point.
      Because it contains mostly FF characters.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Thank You for the help
        So my orig bios was verified and still bad.

Any suggestions on where to go from here?

Comment

Thank You for the help
          So my orig bios was verified and still bad.

Any suggestions on where to go from here?
          Now you have to restore bios and ec by getting the files in this topic,
          https://www.badcaps.net/forum/troubl...itebook-840-g2

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Hello all. I followed the link as best I could. Flashed the bios again. Laptop is fully functional but very slow startup and HP logo sign. I am not sure what file to use if EC needs to be repaired. All laptop info looks correct in bios. I assume that is ME area? I'm confused as this is a bin right from here and every comment says no issues

Any help would be great.

Comment

Hello all. I followed the link as best I could. Flashed the bios again. Laptop is fully functional but very slow startup and HP logo sign. I am not sure what file to use if EC needs to be repaired. All laptop info looks correct in bios. I assume that is ME area? I'm confused as this is a bin right from here and every comment says no issues

Any help would be great.
              Upload main bios.

Comment

This is what I used from post 19
                Attached Files

Comment

This is what I used from post 19
                  HP EliteBook 840 G2 Base Model Notebook PC
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thank You hoaca388 for all the help. It worked great. Laptop is all working. I've lost some bios information but I will search out the HP tools on this site to help input some of the lost info. I know I came across a bunch of info.

Comment

Thank You ))))

Comment

Working...
                      X