Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dell latitude 7420 need clean me

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
    Your backup is not good the compressed file is only 61.4 KB ,if you look at the other backups in this thread you will see that they are at least 11MB in size.

The filesize before being compressed might be 32MB but it is mostly all zeros, look at the code with a hex editor

The file size is 32mb but I get the 61kb any time I compress it.

Is there a way you can help me build without the backup file? Looks like the main file is corrupt and I already flash a backup file from here,the SSD is not showing.

Comment

Originally posted by Udemzy View Post
      The file size is 32mb but I get the 61kb any time I compress it.

Is there a way you can help me build without the backup file? Looks like the main file is corrupt and I already flash a backup file from here,the SSD is not showing.
      Are you sure its corrupt or does the fault lie with your programmer and backup method. What model and software version is your programmer,have you desoldered the chip,are you using an adapter board.Have you soldered wires to the chip,are you using a pogo adapter .

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
        Are you sure its corrupt or does the fault lie with your programmer and backup method. What model and software version is your programmer,have you desoldered the chip,are you using an adapter board.Have you soldered wires to the chip,are you using a pogo adapter .

I used a pogo adapter to back up,I guess that's where the problem came from, when I decided to write another file on it I kept getting the write error via pogo adapter,I then had to remove the chip from the board and use the adapter board.

Now I already write another file and there's no way I can get the original back up file again since the first one I used pogo adapter with is bad.

Is there a way you can help me build a new file without the backup because as it stand, there's no way I can get a good backup file again.

Comment

Originally posted by Udemzy View Post
          I used a pogo adapter to back up,I guess that's where the problem came from, when I decided to write another file on it I kept getting the write error via pogo adapter,I then had to remove the chip from the board and use the adapter board.

Now I already write another file and there's no way I can get the original back up file again since the first one I used pogo adapter with is bad.

Is there a way you can help me build a new file without the backup because as it stand, there's no way I can get a good backup file again.
          I will help in future if you learn how to use a hex editor and look at the code to make sure the backup is good.You don`t need to know what the code means just that theres some code there, you can compare backups from this thread with yours.The file size after zipping the file is a fairly good indicator as well.
          Post your service tag and someone can check the laptop configuration at dell support and tell you which bios in this thread to try

All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

dell. latitude. 7420.
            SVG: 648XZD3
            wifi device problem every body can help me. fix ?
            Attached Files
            Last edited by clrscr; 04-30-2023, 02:33 AM.
            ************************************************** ***********************************
            Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
            all donations are welcome,
            see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
            >>>>> click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
            Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.
            ************************************************** ***********************************

Comment

Originally posted by clrscr View Post
              dell. latitude. 7420.
              SVG: 648XZD3
              wifi device problem every body can help me. fix ?
              If you have "Code 10" problem most probably you are using a dump from another machine, to solve that replace ME region in this dump with the ME from your original dump, or just clean the ME Firmware:

ME Firmware Cleaning Guide.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
              Become a Badcaps supporter
              >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
              Thanks to all supporters.​
              ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesko356 View Post
                If you have "Code 10" problem most probably you are using a dump from another machine, to solve that replace ME region in this dump with the ME from your original dump, or just clean the ME Firmware:

ME Firmware Cleaning Guide.

i "clean the ME Firmware". but same before. can you help me ?
                Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests
                all donations are welcome,
                see the donate button at the bottom of the page, or
                >>>>> click on this link to donate via PayPal. <<<<<
                Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

hello guys !

i've a laptop Dell 7420
                  ST# 8K694D3

This laptop showing 7320 in bios, while its 7420 and now its not turning on, just showing black screen, fan spinning and backlit on, can anyone help me,
                  here its bios backup
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by han19977 View Post
                    hello guys !

i've a laptop Dell 7420
                    ST# 8K694D3

This laptop showing 7320 in bios, while its 7420 and now its not turning on, just showing black screen, fan spinning and backlit on, can anyone help me,
                    here its bios backup
                    Latitude 7420

Service Tag: 8K694D3
                    Attached Files

Thanks to all supporters.
                    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Originally posted by hoaca388 View Post
                      Latitude 7420

Service Tag: 8K694D3
                      hello hoaca, sorry for late reply,
                      i tried your bios but it isn't working, can you please help me with that

Comment

Originally posted by han19977 View Post

hello hoaca, sorry for late reply,
                        i tried your bios but it isn't working, can you please help me with that
                        No, you look for a hardware problem.

Thanks to all supporters.
                        ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Comment

Working...
                        X