Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know how to take apart a Fluke T100 Voltage Tester without damaging it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know how to take apart a Fluke T100 Voltage Tester without damaging it?

See attached picture. I have a Fluke T100 Voltage Tester that the resistance and diode measurement isn't working (it's not the batteries (as I have already checked them and put decent Duracell 1.5V AAA batteries inside it).
    I have looked on the web for any information and on youtube without any results for this model.
    There are no screws visible or anything obvious. So I am hoping someone here has the solution to take it apart?
    The only way I can see is underneath the yellow rubber handle area, however I don't wish to damage it if it isn't the case!
    Attached Files

What is inside this hole? Maybe a screw. I can't tell what it looks like, add pic with the battery compartment open.
    Fluke T150 has covers over the screws like in these pics I found.

Click image for larger version  Name:	T100_inset.jpg Views:	0 Size:	152.5 KB ID:	3284045
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks like only two screws in the back.

Comment

That is the different model T150 that has two hidden screws in the back. OP's T100 is different, has a hinge for the battery compartment but need to see inside that.
        First the yellow clamshell comes apart I think, then the red end gets freed up.

Comment

I agree the yellow plastic part needs to come apart from the main red part. I have looked carefully inside the battery compartment to see if there are any screws that would allow removal, unfortunately nothing obvious as you can see!
          I have also removed the black cap on the front of the unit to see if there was any screws under that. No joy there either.
          The whole you refer to is only a plastic cutout to allow the black probe to be stored inside as pictured in the last couple of images. There are no screw holes there either or blanking pieces!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by cheeky2; 06-05-2024, 03:47 AM.

Comment

I think you'll have to take one for the team, I can't find any Fluke T100/T120/T140 teardowns or repairs.
            My money it's gonna be the black round button pads on the side, screw hidden underneath them. But you say nothing is there? Look harder maybe.
            Next would be prying along the sizes using a spudger. You can squeeze it and see how it flexes.

Your red probe is cracked and at some point it won't be so safe to use at say 600V. Kinda in rough shape.
            Usually the black wire breaks at the end and goes open-circuit.

Comment

maybe the part with the grips peels off first . it looks like the seam doesn't go all the way through that part .

Comment

I decided it wasn't worth the time to crack this open as it was in pretty poor shape to start with! I believe the softer yellow plastic rubber type material on the grip is the way to go as nothing else is obvious.
                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                X