Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FSP HP600S ATX power supply component identification.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FSP HP600S ATX power supply component identification.

Dear forum,

I'm trying to fix up this faulty PC ATX PSU.

It's a FSP HP600S.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20240611_153850482.jpg Views:	0 Size:	1.90 MB ID:	3288754
    It's probably easier to buy a new one, but I don't want to throw it in to the trash and I want to try save it.

There is two burned component (SOT-23) on the circuit, which marking is burned off. I need some help identifying it to replace them. And a burned smd resistor.

Thank you!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 06-12-2024, 08:22 AM. Reason: FSP HP600S

Hello, as indicated from your third image, I would try finding if it is listed here :https://www.s-manuals.com/smd/2f
    On your fourth picture, the markings are very similar to R14 in the PCB.

Comment

Originally posted by Sacon_FZ View Post
      Hello, as indicated from your third image, I would try finding if it is listed here :https://www.s-manuals.com/smd/2f
      On your fourth picture, the markings are very similar to R14 in the PCB.
      Thank you,

The undamaged transistors are BC850BW based on the marking "2Fp". These are NPN transistors but what about the burned ones next to them? Their markings are gone.

Comment

What a funny coincidence. I just logged onto Badcaps to check if I can find any pics/reviews/info on the FSP Hyper HP500, since there's nothing out there on the rest of the internet. Before I could even query my search, I see this thread in the PSU section. LOL!

Anyways... the HP500, HP600, and HP700 are all built on the same PCB, but with just different components to match the power ratings.
        So standby. If (hopefully) I get time this week, I'll tare into my PSU and see if I could identify the parts you asked about.
        Hopefully my unit wouldn't have the same parts burned, though who knows. I bought it the other day at the flee market as a scrapped unit (has all its cables cut), since I couldn't resist the price (only $1.50, which is worth it for the components inside .)
        Let's see what comes out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by momaka View Post
          What a funny coincidence. I just logged onto Badcaps to check if I can find any pics/reviews/info on the FSP Hyper HP500, since there's nothing out there on the rest of the internet. Before I could even query my search, I see this thread in the PSU section. LOL!

Anyways... the HP500, HP600, and HP700 are all built on the same PCB, but with just different components to match the power ratings.
          So standby. If (hopefully) I get time this week, I'll tare into my PSU and see if I could identify the parts you asked about.
          Hopefully my unit wouldn't have the same parts burned, though who knows. I bought it the other day at the flee market as a scrapped unit (has all its cables cut), since I couldn't resist the price (only $1.50, which is worth it for the components inside .)
          Let's see what comes out of it.
          Wow! Thank you so much! I couldn't find anykind of schematics for these PSUs sadly. Let's hope you have the intact parts! 🤓

Comment

A bit slow... but I finally got to it yesterday.
            So here's the parts list:
            Q70 & Q12: marking on top "1p", which should be MMBT2222A (i.e. standard 2222a NPN transistor)
            Q71 & Q13: marking on top "2F", which according to my search should be FMMT2907 (i.e. standard 2907 PNP transistor, which is complimentary to the 2222a, which makes sense.)
            D14: marking on top "A2", which I think is just a standard 1n4148 diode
            and finally, Z82: marking on top "WY" with "b3" written sideways (I presume the latter is a datecode though, and not important to the part number)... for this I am getting BZT52-C2V4 series Zener diodes, and "WY" corresponds to a 43V Zener diode. Not sure how accurate that is, so I advise anyone to do their own search too.

I'm attaching a picture of the bottom (solder side) of my unit so that the SMD resistor values can be seen as well. Hopefully that helps you. Let us know how your repair goes.

I haven't tested mine yet, but so far nothing looks burned. Fingers crossed it's OK, though I doubt it. People here don't usually throw stuff away unless it really is bad or useless.
            Attached Files

Comment

and finally, Z82: marking on top "WY" with "b3" written sideways (I presume the latter is a datecode though, and not important to the part number)... for this I am getting BZT52-C2V4 series Zener diodes, and "WY" corresponds to a 43V Zener diode. Not sure how accurate that is, so I advise anyone to do their own search too.
              I am not quite happy when comes identification by datasheet only... sometimes is provided only "textual" information not supported by aligned or style, symbols.
              I like to find exactly same photo of element with same alignement and style of printing from sellers offer. Then their description have more sense.

The more photo have WY markings only, not side date code, and this mean caution.
              I found similar picture that confirm aligned style and datecode position correctly.
              https://www.edaboard.com/threads/smd...diodes.395459/
              So, yeah... good luck.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X