Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung UN60EH6000 wont come on after lightning strike.

Collapse
This topic has been answered.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you make sure the replacement mainboard was a match, usually done by matching numbers on a sticker on the boards and did you try a firmware update on the new board, also not always but in some cases a lightning strike can mess up the firmware and an update can fix it.
    Last edited by nomoresonys; 07-16-2024, 06:19 AM.
    Quit due to disrespect from unpaid sta,ff.

Comment

Originally posted by karthur View Post

Which ones are you referring too? If you are talking about the D407 and D409 that I found burned, these seem to be diodes and upon more checking are not good. One is totally open in either direction.

These diodes are close to the RCA input jacks on the board. The only port that was connected during the strike was HDMI1.
      Can you test these 2 diodes correctly, meter in diode mode, tv unplugged from power, look at this video it's very simple to test them, he's checking a double diode around 7:40 mark: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VfSvU1AHfc
      Last edited by nomoresonys; 07-16-2024, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
        Did you make sure the replacement mainboard was a match, usually done by matching numbers on a sticker on the boards and did you try a firmware update on the new board, also not always but in some cases a lightning strike can mess up the firmware and an update can fix it.
        I checked the "new" board the best I could (it doesn't have the stickers on it). From the ad where I bought it, it should be the same as my OEM board. I have not done a firmware update. Not even sure how to do that without being able to get to the MENU screen. Any information on how to accomplish that would be welcomed.

Can you test these 2 diodes correctly, meter in diode mode, tv unplugged from power, look at this video it's very simple to test them,
        I tested both the original OEM board and the replacement board. These chips were damaged on my original board as you can see from these pictures.

The original OEM (damaged) board.

New Replacement Board

Thanks
        Last edited by karthur; 07-16-2024, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Take the original main board, remove D407, D409 and test the tv, power board is almost surely ok, but you have not tested the power on-off pin.. further ic905 you have posted only one voltage, pins are 3!!

Comment

I checked the "new" board the best I could (it doesn't have the stickers on it). From the ad where I bought it, it should be the same as my OEM board. I have not done a firmware update. Not even sure how to do that without being able to get to the MENU screen. Any information on how to accomplish that would be welcomed.

I tested both the original OEM board and the replacement board. These chips were damaged on my original board as you can see from these pictures.

The original OEM (damaged) board.

New Replacement Board

Thanks
            Again you're showing ohm readings, PUT meter in DIODE mode and check per the video.

Comment

Going to give it my best guess, tho I don't like guessing. Some possibilities, may have bought a bad mainboard or damaged in transit or mis-handled, mainboard may not be a match, can you show good focused picture of both boards, WHOLE board not just the damaged part.
              Last edited by nomoresonys; 07-17-2024, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Last edited by nomoresonys; 07-17-2024, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Again you're showing ohm readings, PUT meter in DIODE mode and check per the video.
                  My apology for checking those wrong. Here is the readings I am getting with the meter in DIODE mode.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20240717_171129.jpg
Views:	73
Size:	4.59 MB
ID:	3311247
                  Attached Files

Comment

Here is a picture of the "New" board.

Attached Files

Comment

This is a picture of my original board. I have removed the IC901. I was trying to get a dump from it. I could read it, but was not certain I had a good file..

Attached Files
                      Last edited by karthur; 07-17-2024, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                        Take the original main board, remove D407, D409 and test the tv, power board is almost surely ok, but you have not tested the power on-off pin.. further ic905 you have posted only one voltage, pins are 3!!
                        I checked the power on-off and got 5.0 Volts. See post #9 on first page. For the IC905, here is the readings I get on my replacement board. If I checked this wrong, just let me know how I should be checking it.

Thanks

Name:	image.png
Views:	71
Size:	387.8 KB
ID:	3311270

Comment

If it was me, I would try another mainboard, sometimes you get a bad one, you should be able to get a refund.

Comment

both things wrong.. in the early posts you tested only odd pins, pins are in 2 rows, you wrote the signals marking as them are one only thing but are 2 signals in a row, power on-off is one thing, A5v is another and you are measuring A5v only..
                            second thing, i want you to bear with original board for now, checking ic905 i mean the pins voltages respect to GND, i guess this is a voltage reg. but not sure, tell eventually its code..

Comment

If it was me, I would try another mainboard, sometimes you get a bad one, you should be able to get a refund.
                              I have asked for a refund and I am ordering another replacement. What do you think about the readings I got on D407 and D409 (post #48 above)? It appears to me that D407 on the new board is no good because it should be ZERO with "+" on the cathode.

Comment

both things wrong.. in the early posts you tested only odd pins, pins are in 2 rows, you wrote the signals marking as them are one only thing but are 2 signals in a row, power on-off is one thing, A5v is another and you are measuring A5v only..
                                second thing, i want you to bear with original board for now, checking ic905 i mean the pins voltages respect to GND, i guess this is a voltage reg. but not sure, tell eventually its code..
                                Davi,
                                Here are the readings for all 14 pins from the power board. These readings are between ground and the pin with power on the board. For reference, I also show the pin map print on the board. The pins that I see are out of range are Pins 2 and 14. I am not sure what Vamp is, so 5 and 6 might also be out of range.

Name:	14Pin Power connector.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	3311946

Name:	Power Board Pin Map_Rotated.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	3311945

For the IC905, I have remove the IC901 but here are the IC901 volt readings.

Name:	IC905 Volt Readings.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	3311947

Comment

Now is 100% clear, so the power board is ok, all readings are within specs, Vamp is Audio amplifier voltage and is ok at 13v, the ic905 is wrong if is a voltage reg. , tell me the marking code, it has input 5 - O volt but output must be 3,3v i guess..

Comment

I have asked for a refund and I am ordering another replacement. What do you think about the readings I got on D407 and D409 (post #48 above)? It appears to me that D407 on the new board is no good because it should be ZERO with "+" on the cathode.
                                    To me it looks like both diodes on old board are bad, 409 gives nothing, 407 only shows one diode, 407 on the new board seems strange since it gives a reading in both directions, which it should NOT.

Comment

Now is 100% clear, so the power board is ok, all readings are within specs, Vamp is Audio amplifier voltage and is ok at 13v, the ic905 is wrong if is a voltage reg. , tell me the marking code, it has input 5 - O volt but output must be 3,3v i guess..
                                      The best I can tell the markings on the IC905 says "WCAP".

Name:	IC905 Marking Code.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	3313126

Comment

i have already seen, the best site for smd codes is down now..

Comment

No i can't find it, i remember i have seen it..

Comment

Working...
                                          X