No announcement yet.

Pioneer PN50951-22U Backlight On, No Image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yours MB build in ONE Soc if the Soc section GPIO " General-purpose Input/Output "faced issue by BGA at contact pins or the section self defect at Soc . to narrow the issue... disconnect the LVDS from T-CON side and fed t-con at the point 12V_in with 12V from PSU

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
      yours MB build in ONE Soc if the Soc section GPIO " General-purpose Input/Output "faced issue by BGA at contact pins or the section self defect at Soc . to narrow the issue... disconnect the LVDS from T-CON side and fed t-con at the point 12V_in with 12V from PSU
      Thanks for the reply!

Do you mean use a wire to borrow 12v from the psu and apply it to the 12v of the TCON? What would I be looking for after I do this?

Comment

I took a whole bunch of measurements, none of which are VGH, VGL, VCOM, AVDD.. Because those appear to be absent from this set? A pic of the readings are attached. The last six are the left side and the rest are for the right.
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by x_orange90_x View Post

Thanks for the reply!

Do you mean use a wire to borrow 12v from the psu and apply it to the 12v of the TCON? What would I be looking for after I do this?
          yes. you will have probably RGB test pattern on the LCD

Comment

yes. you will have probably RGB test pattern on the LCD
            I got around to trying this today. I did not get any sort of pattern to display. However, after reconnecting the lvds cable and turning it on it showed a clear image. Got the Toshiba logo, Fire TV logo and eventually to the initial setup screen. I don't have a remote to proceed, but I did power cycle it a few times and it booted up perfectly each time.

I removed and reconnected all of the ribbons and cables previously with no affect. Not sure what made the difference this time, but it's working! I'll report back after I get a remote and play around with it for a while.

Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

Originally posted by x_orange90_x View Post
              . Got the Toshiba logo,
              It's strange, the TV is Pioneer, but the logo was shown by Toshiba, not the original motherboard?

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post

It's strange, the TV is Pioneer, but the logo was shown by Toshiba, not the original motherboard?
                Oops, I apologize. I meant Pioneer logo. I was working on a Toshiba a couple nights ago!

Nice catch 😆

Comment

this mean the firmware on T-CON was disrupted, or the IC play crazy.. after disconnect LVDS and fed the t-con with 12VCC drive it to reset.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20240602_024528515.MP.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	491.6 KB
ID:	3286654

Comment

this mean the firmware on T-CON was disrupted, or the IC play crazy.. after disconnect LVDS and fed the t-con with 12VCC drive it to reset.
                    Click image for larger version  Name:	PXL_20240602_024528515.MP.jpg Views:	0 Size:	491.6 KB ID:	3286654
                    I was kinda thinking it may have done some sort of reset. Thanks for the suggestion!

Comment

I ordered a control and received it yesterday hoping to complete the setup and start testing the TV. The control I bought is IR only so when I get to the part in setup for pairing a remote I can't pair it. Without a Bluetooth remote this tv cannot do anything after it is factory reset. After setup is completed apparently an IR remote will work fine 🤦

I ordered another one with Bluetooth that should come tomorrow. I will test it out and report back. As this appears to have been a firmware bug of some sort I hope it doesn't resurface again.

Comment

Received the new remote and it paired with the tv. I finished setup and tested it out online and with HDMI last night and it appears to work fine. It even updated twice.

Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

Working...
                        X