No announcement yet.

4 red flash led 65X950G boot Sony and android logo but then black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My xbrx900c, gave me both 4 and 6 blinks at different times, tore it apart which WAS a major pain in the ass, backlights were fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Storyteller12 View Post

In terms of troubleshooting you are correct and Sonys manual states that as well. Sony only tries that because the tech can change the boards. They never tear apart and replace backlights. They provide new panel with backlights and reinstall your old boards or replace tv altogether

However I have fixed a lot of these Sonys and never had ld board be bad. It's always the backlights
      So of all of them you never had one that triggered the bl-error pin that was something other than burned out leds? I stay away from them as much as I can but have seen where the over-current circuit is wonky and too sensitive and can trigger the shutdowns, in some cases, not referring to when a backlight is actually bad of course.
      Last edited by nomoresonys; 07-14-2024, 09:07 AM.

Comment

Sorry to hear that
        that is why I wanted to be sure before opening up

but mine is for sure is led strip issue
        just wondering if anyone had replaced Sony led strips
        where you ordered and are they OEM
        or most are Chinese copies or refurbished

worry that buying wrong ones they trend to burnt easy
        I had replaced Samsung strips and they started to burnt again after a year and they werent cheap crap from Chinese website
        even I lowered the brightness to 50% right after replacing them
        Attached Files

Comment

You're at the right place to ask, maybe someone can send you a pm of a trusted seller, will probably be from aliexpress.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post

So of all of them you never had one that triggered the bl-error pin that was something other than burned out leds? I stay away from them as much as I can but have seen where the over-current circuit is wonky and too sensitive and can trigger the shutdowns, in some cases, not referring to when a backlight is actually bad of course.
            Never had one that wasn't backlight related. You are right about them being sensitive to change though. These Sonys use a specific led that powers at 12v. Not the typical 3v or 6v led. When they start to fail they can draw a little too much current or just under 12v and cause the error

Comment

Originally posted by Ihandyrepair View Post
              Sorry to hear that
              that is why I wanted to be sure before opening up

but mine is for sure is led strip issue
              just wondering if anyone had replaced Sony led strips
              where you ordered and are they OEM
              or most are Chinese copies or refurbished

worry that buying wrong ones they trend to burnt easy
              I had replaced Samsung strips and they started to burnt again after a year and they werent cheap crap from Chinese website
              even I lowered the brightness to 50% right after replacing them
              Cross reference shopjimmy.com for your tv mode # to ge the backlight part #. Then check eBay or Aliexpress. All backlights come from China. It is what it is. Just turn down the brightness and you should be good

Comment

Hi
                I just got reply from shojimmy
                they said there are no oem led strips unless from used tv
                most led strip aftermaket are made in china

so my question for you guys
                do you replace all led strips with aftermaket led strips when you have under 3 led strips to replace
                or you just change only the burnt ones

I read some forum saying it is better to replace all
                incase the voltage difference on the new and old
                or that old ones might burnt soon too

others say new strips are cheap make trend to burn sooner

Comment

Yep replace all of them, from a trusted supplier, you don't want to go thru all the trouble of tearing it down again in the near future, it's a pain and there's always the risk of breaking the panel.
                  Last edited by nomoresonys; 07-15-2024, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Two there, didn't look very hard for a great deal so don't know if there is any.: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/32568...Cquery_from%3A https://www.shopjimmy.com/sony-mbl-6...ght-strips-20/
                    Last edited by nomoresonys; 07-15-2024, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X