Samsung's AU series "high quality" panel internally melting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung's AU series "high quality" panel internally melting

I got this 55 inch AU7X00 TV, it was rebooting and showed no image only a blink of the backlights.

I assumed it was either panel or motherboard. Turns out it was the panel, and after applying some tape on the ribbon cable that goes to the left side of the screen, the TV turned on with image, then I suddenly noticed a dark spot and the pixels were turning black on the left edge, I was sad and thought I smashed the screen somewhere, found nothing visually, it looked in perfect condition and if it was there before it would've been noticeable while I was inspecting the TV the first time.

I decided to touch that edge, and almost burnt my finger! I taped more until the short stopped, now the image looks crappy and there's a noticeable line on that spot, also the black puddle of dead pixels.

More Samsung garbage panels, and if only the panels were bad, I repaired an AU model with burnt backlights a few weeks ago.

NU series the backlights melt.
    RU series? maybe that one is less cursed.
    TU series the panel dies in 1~2 years.
    Now even AU has both backlights melting on edge-lit models and the screen is also e-waste.
    Attached Files

Ru is also cursed. I've redone several with melted diffuser.

Comment

It's pretty much all of Samsungs edglit TVs on the lower end. There higher end use a different style led strip or use a bigger/ better heatsink for the leds.

Comment

This model uses normal leds which are for now lasting longer than edge-lit, but there's no point if the panel melts.

Yeah, not even RU is safe, every year since 2018 it's been awful quality TVs, QLEDs are just as bad.

Comment

Update, after leaving it off until today, the LCD has recovered a bit, it's much better than what it was before, there's still an horizontal line, no getting rid of that.
          I kind of want to experiment more with the tape to get rid of these horizontal lines pattern that happens after shutting clock and other voltage signals to one side of the panel, the thing is if I untape the wrong pin it will go into meltdown again, measuring OHMs there's nothing shorted or close to that.
          Attached Files

Comment

Working...
          X