Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hisense 58r6e3 black screen dumpster dive

Hello all,

I was driving around and found a free hisense r6e3.
    I figured what the he'll I fixed a free tv before with a new lamp.
    So I plugged it in and got sound but no picture i see it light up though.

I've tried using a flashlight to see a faint image no luck.

I've tried unplugging a ribbon cable off the tcon board and the left side shows white when right is unplugged. All black when right is in.

I saw a video were someone taped off some off the ribbon and it worked but I don't know how you find which pins to block off. And if that wont work whats the next steps to test so i could fix it.

I've been reading and seen the main board and power board go out alot but how do itest before buying random parts.

Thank you all for any help.
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 07-19-2024, 01:59 AM. Reason: 58r6e3

Would help to know full model # as we dont know what size tv you have. Also pictures of the boards are extremely helpful too.

Comment

Sorry mode is 58r6e3

Comment

See if those 2 capacitors are perfectly flat on top, looks like one is bulging, any bulge at all and it's bad.
        Quit due to disrespect from unpaid sta,ff.

Comment

I've seen a few of these, try tape. Likely the panel shorted. Not sure why but the 58 size gets panel shorts. No need to use flashlight if TV lights up.

Comment

Also, taping method is sort of random, try to block 6-12 pins at a time. Only on one side at a time. Generally you are blocking pins on the left or right side and not the middle. Put some tape, plug ribbon back in, plug in tv, hit power see if a picture. Do NOT plug in TV or have TV plugged in when moving any ribbons, they will short out potentially.

If the TV doesn't show picture you can unplug the tv immediately and resear your tape to new pins, then replug in. Should go quickly.

Id say 90 percent sure it's a panel short. So don't buy any boards until you get all the tape spots and report back

Comment

I tried a bunch of times with the tape no luck.
              I took a Pic of the caps and is this one on left considered bulging

Comment

Yes it's bad, replace it and retry tv.
                Quit due to disrespect from unpaid sta,ff.

Comment

Working...
                X