Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to Save - Samsung UN40MU6300 - No Signs of Life

Picked this one up today.

No signs of life whatsoever. No red led light from the IR module.

Disconnected the mainboard to see if PSU was working and it was (LED backlights lit up).

Checked the power button for continuity when buttons were pressed and I got readings.
    Disconnected various components (speaker, wifi module) with no difference.

Checked mainboard's fuses (found 3) and they were all good.
    I looked on shopjimmy to see what components I may have been missing and I saw that they were selling EEPROMs.

Then it dawned on me that this maybe exactly what the issue is.
    I have read you guys stories about bad EEPROMs and how the TV would exihibit very strange behavior like remote not working and even complete death.

What tests would I do to verify i have an EEPROM issue being that the TV is completely unresponsive.

I actually have an EEPROM reader/writer I purchased when I thought i had a EEPROM problem with the TV but it turned out not to be the case.
    I have included pics. The fuses I have IDd are highlighted in yellow and (what I believe to be) the EEPROM is highlighted in pink.
    Added a higher resolution pic from ShopJimmy for reference.
    I quick search here on Badcaps showed no results for this model TV.

Thanks in advance

Click image for larger version

Name:	2024-10-12 23.36.49.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	2.43 MB
ID:	3482587

Name:	2024-10-12 23.47.38.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	3.35 MB
ID:	3482588

Name:	2019-06-25-08-24-29.shopjimmy-bn94-12034a-top__55788.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	1.42 MB
ID:	3482589

Look for spi flash Winbond W25Q40CL on the board, read the dump from it and post it here, I will fix it, and you will write it back and your TV will work again...

Comment

Remove the radiator and you will see its serial number is IC1604.

Comment

Originally posted by lotas View Post
        Remove the radiator and you will see its serial number is IC1604.
        Per your request...
        Used W25Q40BV as the chip name bcos 40CL was not an option.

Thank you Sir
        Attached Files
        Last edited by KYBOSH; 10-13-2024, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KYBOSH View Post

Per your request...
          Used W25Q40BV as the chip name bcos 40CL was not an option.

Thank you Sir
          Try it, don't forget to set and write status register (0x88, 0x42) after writing dump.
          Attached Files

Comment

yes its damaged need to fix... i just want to know why always the sector 0000h to 1000h fly out... which part caused this ?

Comment

Try it, don't forget to set and write status register (0x88, 0x42) after writing dump.

please explain or show me how to do this.
              this is my first time...

Comment

please explain or show me how to do this.
                this is my first time...
                Well, I don't know what kind of programmer you have, if ch341a, then what program are you using, so I can explain.

Comment

Well, I don't know what kind of programmer you have, if ch341a, then what program are you using, so I can explain.
                  Yes, CH314A with the CH314A Programmer v 1.34 by SkyGZ

Name:	TarZn3y.png
Views:	71
Size:	330.0 KB
ID:	3483028

Comment

No, this program will not work, it cannot work with the status register, you need to download and install the program "NeoProgrammer V2.2.0.10". And then I will explain how further..
                    Attached Files

Comment

In the program:
                      1. Click "Detect Chip" and select W25Q40CL and "Select IC".
                      2. Click "Unprotect".
                      3. Click "Clear IC" and "Yes".
                      4. Click "Open File" and select your corrected dump.
                      5. Press "Program IC" and "Yes".
                      6. Click "Verify IC".
                      7. Press the down arrow to the right of "Unprotect" and select "SREG Edit", put a check mark on SRP0, BP1, CMP, QE and press "Write" and "Yes"
                      7. Close the program. Ready.
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by lotas; 10-13-2024, 03:17 PM.

Comment

In the program:
                        1. Click "Detect Chip" and select W25Q40CL and "Select IC".
                        2. Click "Unprotect".
                        3. Click "Clear IC" and "Yes".
                        4. Click "Open File" and select your corrected dump.
                        5. Press "Program IC" and "Yes".
                        6. Click "Verify IC".
                        7. Press the down arrow to the right of "Unprotect" and select "SREG Edit", put a check mark on SRP0, BP1, CMP, QE and press "Write" and "Yes"
                        7. Close the program. Ready.

excellent instructions
                        oy issue is a few things have changed in the versions you are referencing but i am able to follow along.

Major problem is with the status register part.

Options are totally different from your picture and description.

Name:	1728855490337278655780230337977.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	4.93 MB
ID:	3483049

Comment

Press the down arrow to the right of "Unprotect" and select "SREG Edit", put a check mark on SClick image for larger version

Name:	NeoProgrammer.png
Views:	74
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	3483063RP0, BP1, CMP, QE and press "Write" and "Yes"

Comment

Done.
                            Will install shortly and report back.

Comment

Press the down arrow to the right of "Unprotect" and select "SREG Edit", put a check mark on SRP0, BP1, CMP, QE and press "Write" and "Yes"
                              Not working yet.
                              Red status light is on.
                              When i press the power button on back of TV the status light fliashes once and then no response after that. Display never attempts to turn on. Same when I try with the remote. initial flash of red status light then no more response.
                              i reflashed the chip just to make sure. Status registers confirmed changed.

Name:	17288611346578814945563023395882.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	4.65 MB
ID:	3483077
                              Last edited by KYBOSH; 10-13-2024, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Well, I don't know, if everything was done correctly when recording the dump, then everything should work, unless there are still problems when they dismantled and soldered the chip back, they didn't move or damage the nearby components (resistors)

And yet, before you, no one tried to program this flash drive, I mean, if you have already programmed and downloaded the wrong version of the software, then the TV may behave like that now.
                                Last edited by lotas; 10-13-2024, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Well, I don't know, if everything was done correctly when recording the dump, then everything should work, unless there are still problems when they dismantled and soldered the chip back, they didn't move or damage the nearby components (resistors)

And yet, before you, no one tried to program this flash drive, I mean, if you have already programmed and downloaded the wrong version of the software, then the TV may behave like that now.
                                  The previous owner likely didnt try anything relating to the mainboard.
                                  When I picked it up he had a spare power supply which he tried to install thinking it was a PSU issue.
                                  Heatsink also looks like it was never removed until i pulled it off so no way to access the IC.
                                  I have checked the chips read/write function with the programmer and nothing seem suspect about it.

ShopJimmy sells the EEPROM with the firmware preinstalled ($15US) so I may order it and see if that helps.
                                  If anything then i will have a known good dump for the repository.

Comment

ShopJimmy sells the EEPROM with the firmware preinstalled ($15US) so I may order it and see if that helps.
                                    If anything then i will have a known good dump for the repository.
                                    It won't help, since they don't know what version of the software you currently have on your TV, in this “MU” series there is no difference what model (number) and what the cost of the panel is (diagonal, manufacturer), the main thing here is that If the software version in 25Q40 and eMMC were the same, with each update via network or usb, the data in 25Q40 also changes....

Comment

If you had the original dump, then I fixed it for you and it should work, you can also post the t-con dump, it will be 25Q80 and what model do you have, panel number, I'll check.

Comment

What happens is you force BLon and PSon with the main board attached?

Comment

Working...
                                        X