Need help with an LG 32LD690 problem.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with an LG 32LD690 problem.

Hi guys, I am posting this in the hopes that one of you may have heard of this fault before or can give me an insight into the most likely cause.
    I have aquired an LG 32LD690 which has a fault that is difficult to track down.

On start up the LG logo appears, then the picture appears. After a couple of seconds the picture flickers madly for around 10 seconds then stabilises and the set runs perfectly afterwards. The fault happens so quickly that it is difficult to pin it down as by the time I get on to it with any test equipment the set is running normally. It is definitely not the backlights as they are completely stable and as far as I can see the voltages from the PSU are all correct and stable.
    This fault will occur when the tv is cold, or when it has been run for a while and then switched off and then back on again while it is still warm, so it isn't something you can find by heating or cooling. The connections to the screen are via two pcbs along the top of the screen, which look like they can only be got at by removing the frame that holds the screen in place, so I have been reluctant to disturb them, although I have tried reseating the cables to them from the mainboard.
    If I could get one I would replace the main board and see if that cured it, but there don't appear to be any available online. If you know different please let me know, and if you have any idea what the cause is likely to be please let me know. Hopefully one of you can point me in the right direction. Thanks guys.
    Chris B.

Re: Need help with an LG 32LD690 problem.

Sounds like it could be a BGA issue with the main chip on the mainboard.
    Cured with a reflow or reball.

Comment

whats the mainboard number used in this set

Comment

The main board number is: EAX61531908 (4)
        Numbers on label are: MJM 0602 F6 00158 LD690221
        32LD69LGD EBT61035411LG.

Comment

Working...
        X