Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, I am newbie in all aspects but I am willing to learn. I purchased some old laptops and I need to learn how to deals with BIOS protection.

Comment

I am Juan

Comment

Hello, Badcaps community! I'm Doable6555, and just like my username suggests, I believe with the right tools and a bit of ingenuity, there's no tech challenge that isn't 'doable'.
        My journey into the world of technology started with a curious mind and a screwdriver, leading me to the thrilling realms of hardware repairs and hacking.
        I'm fascinated by the intricate dance of electrons that brings life to circuits and am on a quest to unravel the mysteries of computer operations and cybersecurity.
        Every fried capacitor, every line of code, and every security loophole is a learning opportunity that I relish. I'm here to share my passion, exchange knowledge, and maybe even fix a few 'bad caps' along the way. Let's turn those impossible tech woes into triumphant tales of 'I told you it was doable!'

Comment

Hello, I'm MƔtƩ.

I started at the age of 14 in my father's computer shop. Now, at almost 30 years old, I still tinker with laptops, but everything is getting harder to fix. It seems like it designed to not to get repaired.

I hope this thing will change, because it's hard to make a living from repairs where I live.

Comment

My background is in computer science. Before joining this team, I worked with big data to identify insights for our clients in the health care industry.

I've been at the firm for eight years. Most recently, I worked on the Alpha Financial account, where last year's campaign won us a Webby award.

Comment

Intro time. Fairly new to working on computers rather than just playing games. I have experience of repairing old 8bit machines but decided to step up and play with the big boys.

im putting together a number of pcs to cover a range of operating systems and general specs etc but the one that's giving me some headaches and prompting me to join this group is my Dell slot1 motherboard. From what I understand it's based on the intel al440lx board. A previous owner has already relocated the atx power socket but it seems they butchered the area around the power on switch pin headers. I'm sure this is already too much info for this thread so I will stop and create a post in what I hope is the right location with my request for help.

just for the record the problem is capacitor related.

michael

Comment

Hello... TAREK GOUADMA I thought I'd registered here years ago, but apparently not (or maybe my account got pruned for inactivity). I've learned quite a bit from reading threads here, and I've already fixed some stuff (monitor, graphics card, motherboard... :P). Thanks!

Comment

Hello. Greetings from Korea. I am very inexperienced, so I think I can learn a lot here.

Comment

HI, Driskol here!

Just getting started - looking for technical guidance for consumer products. I am tired of throwing away $500 items...
                    8 years in electronic manufacturing, and 25+ years in electronics design.

Comment

Hello everyone!
                      I'm a Swedish guy with a long-standing interest for fixing and building (assemble parts is probably more correct) computers. I completed a MSc in engineering physics (materials science), where I learned the basics of Fortran, Pascal and Simula.

My interest really started during the final thesis for the MSc, in which we ran network simulations, utilizing all UNIX workstations in the R&D department at the company, from Friday afternoon to Monday morning (when all the company's PhD's needed their workstations for real work again).

Since then I've dabbled, purely as an amateur, in computer-related stuff, starting with MS-DOS, Win 98 & XP, repairing computers and other household electronics and just having fun.

Nowadays family life fills up most of my spare time, but I still have time to do some totally unnecessary hardware upgrades, fixing (often) self-induced problems and act as an IT "expert" for my mother-in-law (80+ and eager to learn!).

Glad to have found BadCaps forum in which I've already found the solution to a specific HP BIOS locked problem.

Comment

Its mf littt im bezzy rapper from fort worth txt get lit and im trying to learn all of this stuff at the same time kenfolk

Comment

Hello... TAREK GOUADMA I thought I'd registered here years ago, but apparently not (or maybe my account got pruned for inactivity). I've learned quite a bit from reading threads here, and I've already fixed some stuff (monitor, graphics card, motherboard... :P). Thanks!

Comment

Hi everybody,

here Masssimo from Italy. It's nice to be here. Sometimes I repair MoBo, so always lookin' for schematics :-)

Have a nice day!

Comment

Hello there!
                              I am an engineering student from Brazil, I enjoy fixing electronics, and have a small business centered around IT.

Comment

Hello everyone, I Bohdan from Ukraine.
                                Registered here cause accidentally found this forum and was shocked how many content here and how active users.

Will be glad to be part of this community. Have low skills and knowledge but hope find some here.

Comment

Hello friends, I'm Thiago from Brazil, I'm 23 years old and I'm starting my career in electronic board maintenance, and I see that everyone here helps each other, good luck to everyone!

Comment

Hi I'm Leo I'm here to hopefully learn about dell and Lenovo devices to make general or advanced use of them . Today I have a Dell Latitude 5420 . My goal is to find the release code . The prompt is Dell Security Manager

Comment

Saludos soy ing en electr

Comment

I'm here to see if I should buy a laptop board off of ebay and turn it into a gaming desktop.

Comment

Hi,

Just new to computer repairs and exploring some bios issues here

Comment

Working...
                                          X