This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello!
    I'm Ste from UK, hobbyist electrical tinkerer, came here looking for help repairing a laptop - I love this old-skool style 'message' board - takes me back! Look forward to delving into this forum

Comment

Hello all. My name is Alexandre. I am from Brazil. I repair laptops, so I wanted to learn more with the forum. Thank you very much.

Comment

Randy Cairo

38 years. Electronic Engineer. native of the Dominican Republic. 16 years in repair of TVs, laptops, projectors... at your service.

Comment

hallo

Comment

Hey guys! I'm Jim. New here. I'm a technician from México and I hope I can be of help )

Comment

I began developing an interest in electronics in 2002. For many years, I repaired mobile phones, but eventually, I found it too monotonous and started repairing laptops as well. For the past three years, I have been extremely interested in MacBooks. Hopefully, we can collaborate and assist each other. I am also passionate about filming, and I spend at least two hours daily on Netflix. Additionally, I enjoy fishing. I have been living in Vienna for 18 years.

Comment

• Hello,My name is Geoffrey Taylor, I am from Southeast Ohio USA. Lifelong hobbyist in electronics, never worked in the field after stint in USN. Been fixing broken electronic items since about 1970 or so, sixty three now. Been putting together my home electronics lab.

Cheers,
                  Geoffrey

Comment

i'm a soft and eletronic engineer

Comment

Hello everyone, I am happy to be here, I hope I can learn a lot and also contribute to the forum

Comment

Hi, electronics Enthusiast

Comment

Hi all,
                        I'm a computer repair tech at a local computer repair store and at home I'm a gamer/hobby electrical engineer. I don't often do board level work at work but am familiar with a soldering iron and have played with plenty of arduinos and ATmega chips. I'm a strong believer of right to repair and have joined here to get access to resources that let me do my best at keeping tech working. My PC is a mid tier Ryzen 5 5500 with 16GB DDR4 at 3600MT/s and a GeForce RTX 3060 Ti all on a cheap motherboard and a decent power supply. If I wasn't broke, I'd get a better CPU cooler, case and case fans but it all works plenty well and has reliably served for many years.

Comment

Dedicated cybersecurity professional with experience in identifying vulnerabilities, securing networks, and ethical hacking. Proficient in network engineering, cryptography, and skilled in multiple programming languages for custom script development

Comment

Hello it's great to be part of badcaps

Comment

Hey there,

I am Ernest, an software engineer from Hungary.
                              I am joining to your forum because, I interested in electrical repair recently.
                              Previously made some fixes, but I would like to progress and learn the error tracing methodology.

Comment

Hello!
                                From Tanzania 🇹🇿
                                Got you back my eletronic family
                                Hope to have some fun here and learn more about computer electronics add more skills.

Any one can provide any Display screen Boardview
                                Thanks family🙏🏽

Comment

Hello everyone.
                                  I have posted on Badcaps a long while ago.
                                  I am a pc building hobbyist.

Cheers

Michael Fothergill

Comment

I have an Antec hcp 1300W platinum power supply. If I would buy 8 pin to 6+2 pin GPU cables from e.g. a pc mod shop would should they plug into the psu unit easily or do you have use Antec pci e cables only?

Sorry about the noob level query.

Cheers

MF

Comment

Hi everybody, Fabrice from France here. I have started dabbling in MacBooks and need to find .bin files to get my latest acquisition started.

Comment

I am Pasacioclux, 35 yeard old from Romania. I love computers and anything related to them except proprietary dell and hp prebuilds also i'm not a fan of apple in general. So with that out of the way , i am a down to earth guy with a passion for tech. I learned to fix boards because of Sorin's videos ("electronic repair school" on youtube ) and love the process of diagnosing a fault. I am still learning, matter a fact we never stop learning because there's always something new. The day you stopped learning you are being left behind. My personal rig is modest because i never buy latest and greatest, i always wait for new tech to mature to let bugs being ironed out. My first computer was a intel pentium 2 in 1996. I used all windows starting from win95 to 11, but skipped 8 for some reason, also i used vista for 1 month tops before i didn't. The way things are going with AI and windows in general , i see myself switching to linux even though i grew up with windows. I have thousands of laptop schematics but when i need one, murphy's law springs into action and i don't have that one, this applies to bios dumps as well. Hopefully i can meet people with similar interests here and be a valuable member on this forum. Cheers!

Comment

I am a tech enthusiast. Like to repair electronics, especially old laptops, phone to preserve it at free time.

Comment

Working...
                                          X