This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Everyone,

I'm Tapa, I've always been interested in electronic. I had a chance to begin a new job as a repair technician 3 years ago, so I took it.
    To be honest I started to take a look at motherboard repair 2 years ago now and I'm proud to say that I've repaired some cool stuff during those years. In the other hand I also had to let go a lot of repairs opportunity because of my lack of knowledge 😥.
    I'm here because I think I found a good community with pretty much experience in repairing.

Comment

Hello.. am from Malaysia

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
        As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
        So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
        where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
        This is ok...

Comment

Hey everybody,

Electronic nerd from Catalonia here!

Just registered after years of scrolling these forums.

Looking forward to contribute to these huge amount of knowledge these forums contain.

Cheers

Comment

Hi all,

I've just been watching Richard on Learn Electronics Repair on youtube and he suggested this as a great resource, so here I am, looking forward to learning more and potentially asking for help and advice (and maybe even giving it)

Comment

Alright thank you

Comment

Hi, I'm from Miami but currently living in Colombia. Hope the best for all of your projects, i'm a student of electric engineer. I love to repair things, but right now i'm learning to repair electronics.

Comment

Hi guys I am a young men from France and I do laser cutting as a bussiness, I like to teach others how to repair stuff also in my local "repair café" I volunteer there.
                  I repair macbooks since 2012 when I first got one.
                  Now I have a problem with an M1 mac that I would like to solve.
                  It is not powering on and I am not shure but I think the battery is empty. and the charger does only show 5v 1A and not 19v 1A.
                  I will post more infos about this soon.
                  Thanks for this awesome forum and I hope to talk to you all soon !

Comment

hi everyone,

i am an engineer working in security, but with a hobby ( and trade school long time ago as in electronic and telecommunication),
                    starting with assembling computers 20 years ago to fixing TVs and other electronics along the way. still trying to play with stuff and having interest to know how things work, trying to fix typical "can you have a look at my..." from friends around, i guess you all know it

Andy

Comment

Hello,
                      I am a computer engineer and I have always been oriented towards Systems Administration, automation..., but recently I have started researching a little bit about embedded systems and I like it.
                      It is a really cool experience to mix my knowledge in Hardware and Software, and finally give some utility to that rusted electronics knowledge that I learnt in college.

I hope I can learn and provide value at the same time.

Regards,
                      Jorge

Comment

Hello everyone,
                        I'm just starting to tinker around with old laptop and pc board. Hope I can make it works one way or another

Hans

Comment

Hi, I just found this wonderful site while searching for the schematic of the FX505 (asus) laptop.

I am almost new to the detailed schematic. As before, I only worked with complete parts and some capacitor shorts with a simple multimeter and scope.
                          The reason why I came here, is to do some onboard work because my laptop, fx505gm, is surely outdated and I want to fix it at all costs.

I have a little amount of knowledge but It would be happy to help you guys if I can.
                          And also, I'm not fluent in English. I'm Korean. Although I studied English a lot, English is not my mother tongue.

So sorry for my awkward grammar or phrases. I'll do my best.

Comment

Hello
                            Happy to be here and hope for the best for everyone

Comment

Hello everyone, I found this forum on the Internet when I was looking for a circuit for some laptop! I have been repairing all kinds of electronics since 2010. And of course I will be happy to contribute or help someone in any way I can

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is Richard and I am a techie. I run a repairs business called Enrich Tech Solutions and I've come here looking for a good community and help with schematics etc. Currently looking for more info on an Acer Predator Helios 300 laptop which refuses to power up.
                                Fair winds to everyone and a prayer for good fixes and well behaved devices.

Comment

Hi, i'm from Italy, i repair gps dog collar (Garmin, Sportdog, ecc ecc).

Thanks for activation

Comment

Hello , thank you for having me. It's a really knowledgeable and helpful forum which I stumbled upon while searching for a solution to my old laptop's bootup issues. it really helped and the varied topics broaden my field knowledge and other topics which might catch my attention. I am currently a BS.c student learning system engineering and the posts here really pique my interest. 🙂

Comment

Hello I am sorry for typing this bad but here i am trying to solve computer issues with an old hp laptop and i know some stuff but not too much i love each and everyone of you and i will make sure to try my best to follow your quite awesome directions so here i am again and i am thankful to be welcome here i am a young fellow student and i am learning more and more everyday feel free to say hi i am happy to join in !
                                      Swip

Comment

Ciao a tutti Mi chiamo Max, ringrazio gli amministratori per avermi accettato nel forum, sono italiano quindi usate google per capire cosa scrivo
                                        sono un tecnico informatico, mi occupo di tutto ciò che riguarda la parte IT delle aziende, dalla progettazione e realizzazione delle reti, alla parte server e VM, ma mi piace smanettare sulla riprogrammazione dei chip delle Mobo.

Comment

My name is Rafael, and I am from the interior of São Paulo. I have been working in electronic device maintenance for over 10 years. Throughout my career, I have worked in various repair shops in my region. Nowadays, I work at a software development company and do maintenance work on the side to earn some extra money.

Comment

Working...
                                          X