Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello, french tech enthusiasts, network, hardware and developpement.

Comment

Hello everyone, I didn't have a computer that worked at 12mhz, I've been doing this for 8 years and I'm here to help if I can, and you too.

Comment

Good Day. Im new here. Thank you all. I am a tech in central Florida.

Comment

Hello everybody! Greetings from Finland!

My hobby is computers. I have not studied officially, but I have learned from magazines and internet.
          I am retired finnish army officer, militarymusician. My instrument was percussions, but today I do not play any more. Percussions are expensive. I was born in 1975.
          Also my hobbies are finnish dances (lavatanssi), car repair and cooking.

Comment

ALO MEN I FULL WORK WITHE AMOUNT OF ELETRONIC PCBOIARD FROM ARGENTINE. SINCE 1998

Comment

Hello, I'm a software engineer but I like to tinker with other things on the side (varying degrees of success)

Comment

Hola soy técnico electrónico y aficionado e intento reparar artefactos electrónicos por eso busco material y encontré este foro. Gracias.

Hello, I am an electronic technician and hobbyist and I try to repair electronic devices, so I was looking for material and found this forum. Thank you.

Comment

Hi, PC and laptop technician since the dawn of 8 bit computing. Love everything electronic and never stop learning. Just disappointed to see the boardview, schematics and bios industry so greedy for money. I would have imagined that this would be a share for all industry, seeing as that manufacturers make it so difficult to repair devices nowadays. Lets hope for a brighter future.

Comment

Hello all, my name is Don and both a novice on forums and electronics but I do love to tinker, when I get a problem requiring a fix I normally do a bit of surfing, try and gather as many different opinions and fixes until it makes sense to me and then I have a go. Unfortunatley with component and component checking I am out of my depth so thought a forum might me my best way of ensuring I do not make whatever problems I have worse!! Wish me luck - I just need to learn how to post my problem.

Comment

I'm a czech diy enthusiast, and electronic, so I think I'm at the right place.

Comment

I have a HP Pavilion CE14 Laptop, mother board G7AL -2G, DAG7ALMB8C0 REV:C. It will not boot up, charge light on, power light on when pressed and nothing else, after all the usual HP checks that never worked I tried to check for continuity on the power rails, after reviewing lots of tutorials I think there is a short but need to know my next step. I have attached pic. the 2 grey components what I think are coils R24 0370C4 are both shorting to earth. Any advice would be appreciated or if anyone has seen this problem before. A couplre more points - there is no CMOS battery - if thats the correct name. Pin 8 is showing no voltage with supply in/ out or battery in/ out, only when the power button is turned on.

Comment

• SMDFlea
                          SMDFlea commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Please go to the forum index to find the relevent forum section to post your request in.This thread is just for introductions.

Hello all from the thumb of MI, USA.

I've been fixing things for as long as I can remember and fixing computers professionally since I was 15. While I am still young and have no formal training or education in this, I have had great success in diagnostic and replacement work for parts. I have always wanted to delve deeper into the actual component side of hardware repair, and I created this account to help my learning and understanding of this field grow. Please understand that I am not an electrical engineer, and don't understand many things about hardware, but I am always willing to learn something (as long as I don't have to spend $10k per tool). I intend to ask many questions and may ask them several times in different ways to get a bigger picture of what is happening. Please work with me as I learn, and one day I will become a great resource that helps others.

A big side note for me. I like fixing things as it acts as a puzzle to be solved, and so that devices aren't left for dead. While I do repairs on the side and sell them, I will always try to sell them for little to no profit, basically the cost of my lunch. I believe that technology today has been made to be thrown away, and I dislike the idea of wasting an otherwise functional device just because one thing fails. While I can't fix everything, I will do my part to keep things going as long as possible.

Comment

Hello everyone out there. I am just starting back into the mac world. Its been a long road for me to get back into everything. I have been working on getting past MDM lately and trying to build a generator for specific models. Good to be here.

Comment

a mayor parte de mi participación aquí es detrás de escena, principalmente configurando diferentes servicios y, como siempre, presionando a topcat para que Windows aún se esté ejecutando.

Comment

Hello everyone,
                              I ended up here after a failed BIOS update, I would have prefered to discover this website in better circumstances... 😅
                              By the way... have a good day! 😁

Comment

Hallo i'am Fir from Indonesia
                                i repair laptop and flash bios, so i joined this to get more knowledge about it

Comment

hello badcaps
                                  my name is Omar and I live in Turkey right now
                                  I have been dealing with computer repair for 11 years ago
                                  I remember when I was moving with my big bag that had so many CDs and flobby disk
                                  spending hours installing Windows 98 or Windows me
                                  I work for a company in South Turkey
                                  I was at badcaps a long time ago and I am so happy that I am part of this community
                                  all best

Comment

I'm Momo, and I'm excited to join this electronics forum. I've been passionate about electronics for 5 years now, and I'm particularly interested in microcontrollers, circuit design, robotics. I hope to learn from all of you and contribute to discussions wherever I can. Looking forward to being a part of this community!

Best regards, Momo

Comment

Hello from Belgium, tech enthusiast, hardware and software development.

Comment

Hii 👋 All,
                                        I'm form Armenia, 5+year software development. I big fun of surface products

Comment

Working...
                                        X