This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi
    I'm Steve. I'll keep this short but not too sweet.

I'm an older guy, who is not doing too well trying to retire. I'm still far too busy. My original background is in mechatronics and control but it's been a long time since I did any real work. These days, I'm involved with Systems assurance in the rail industry. My services are often a grudge purchase, necessary when A company realises that the boring stuff has been started too late to justify the necessary approvals. My first real involvement with computers was with DEC PDP 11s, running Fortran. I needed to program in assembly to achieve real time control.

As part of my attempt to retire, I moved to a remote location in the Philippines. I'm here at this forum because I need to do my own repairs now. The repair technicians that are local to me are absolutely useless and are very good at butchering anything and everything that I put before them. Self repair also saves a long trip, including a 2 hour ferry journey each way and an overnight stay. Using the postal service is a no-no for delicate things, like a laptop.

So, I've been putting together some equipment to make a small electronics workshop and I have a queue of devices that have failed over several years. I don't have any experience to fall back on to fault find confidently without supporting info. So, my initial visits to the forum are to track down some schematics. Fingers crossed that I haven't lost the knackered at getting my hands dirty.

I'm looking forward to getting involved with the chat.

Comment

Hello All,

I'm from Kingston, Jamaica. I'm an aviation fanatic. I like tinkering with things like Raspberry Pi, Arduino, ESP32, and retro PCs. I've always been a hoarder of legacy PCs for the nostalgia.
      I'm both a Mac and PC user. Tinkering with automobile engines is a side-gig for me on weekends. whenever I'm not driving across the island recording automotive events with my FPV drone(s).

Comment

Hey y'all my name is bobus, a little about me im still quite new to computer hardware (iirc about 2016 ish?) i've played around with Intel's P45 chipset motherboard (LGA775), a few 3rd gen intel laptops, AMD's AM4 motherboard, AMD's mobile zen 2 laptop (Such as Ryzen 3 5300U) and now im playing around with Intel's H310 and Q370 Chipset

Would really love to learn new stuff with you guys

Comment

Hi,

I'm BJ, into pc gaming/sims, but on here to fix uni laptop

Happy to join the community!

Comment

Hello, I joined this site while looking for ROM BioS due to the black screen while using Lenovo laptop. As I am not familiar with English, I have difficulty understanding it, but please help me a lot.

Comment

Hello,

I'm jodans from Philippines an electronic technician graduate long time ago I love fixing electronic gadgets such as laptops, desktops,printers,mobile phones, amplifiers,assembles pisowifi etc.
              I'm searching a forum like this as to gain more knowledge on repairing things especially laptops and desktop and please welcome me here.

Comment

Xin chào! Xin chào mọi người trong diễn đàn! Tôi tên là Bằng, sinh năm 1988, công việc của tôi là kỹ sư phần cứng máy tính xách tay, tôi làm việc tại Sài Gòn, Việt Nam! Tôi hy vọng rằng khi tham gia diễn đàn, tôi sẽ nhận được sự ủng hộ nhiệt tình từ các bạn và tôi cũng sẽ tích cực hỗ trợ hết khả năng của mình! Cảm ơn mọi người rất nhiều!
                Click image for larger version

Name:	dataurl952428.png
Views:	60
Size:	359 Bytes
ID:	3306884

Comment

Hello,

I'm Rick, searching for schematics for old laptop. Wanna try myself in electronics repair. Thanks for everyone

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello, I'm Dean and I am new to repairing electronics. I hope to learn a lot here!

Comment

Hi, i am a electronic hobbyist trying to fix my own broken tools as much as possible. I see a lot of experienced people in this forum. hopefully they can help me out.

Comment

Hi im sepehr and i wish to be a good repair guy

Comment

hi

Comment

Hi,

i begin in 1980 on Siemens data mainframe in Germany as test operator.
                              After that i work first on 8086 on a system similar to the future PC-IBM but with 16bit architecture.
                              Other proccessor used 8080,Z80,6502 as FW and HW .
                              Actually working on Microchip PIC32MZ series

Comment

Hi,

I am Firebug an I repair computers. I found your nice Forum on reddit because I have a Laptop from a client where it seems that the BIOS or something on the board is broken.
                                And I hope to get help here.

Comment

Hi, I'm just a hobbyist who likes to fix things and help friends.

Comment

Hello

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm an engineer but looking to get into laptop repair as a hobby. It's something I've always been interested in.

Comment

Gday from Australia, my name is freddo, The magic of electronics has been with me for a very long time, it's been my hobby and passion most of my life. I look forward to gaining new knowledge from all of you lovely people

Comment

Hello guys
                                          I work in the IT Industry, and I am looking forward to getting more into electronic repairs, such as BIOS-Repairs and Troubleshooting electronic failures.
                                          IT has always been a part of and a passion in my life, and I want to get self-employed with my own Repair shop. So maybe I can level up my skills by joining this forum and gaining new knowledge

Greetings from Switzerland😎

Comment

Working...
                                          X