This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello,
    My name is Dan. I am an Electronics Engineer.
    Aside from at work, I also like tinkering and fixing electronics at home.

Comment

Hello everyone
      i'm sam and i'm a computer geek
      I work in the field of repair, this forum is a gold mine of information and exchange between members.
      I'm delighted to be part of this community.

😃😃😃😃😃😃😃

Comment

Hello everyone,
        I am a software developer by profession, but have many hobbies, related or otherwise.
        I am just starting to dabble in hardware and I am eager to learn more.
        Happy hunting to all.

Comment

Hello, new here a person who likes to learn all about of electronics, trying to fix everything i can get!

Comment

Hola a todos, soy nuevo en el grupo en busca del conocimiento electrónico y por supuesto como un fan de las reparaciones electrónicas. Saludos desde Colombia

Comment

Just a guy chaging profession with a background in car electronics hope we can do stuff togheter!!

Comment

Hey, just looking to learn and achieve. Love the challenge. I found this forum that is so full of great info and people because I'm facing a challenge, but there is so much more here. Happy to be part of it.

Comment

Hola grupo me nombre es diego soy nuevo en el foro y me gustaría aportar mis conocimientos en este grupo

Comment

As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                    So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                    where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..

Comment

Hello guys
                      My name is Muhammadkabir

Comment

Greetings to all members of the group. my name is Spippolo and, as my name implies, I like to get my hands on the most difficult aspects of electronics. I hope to contribute my years of experience to your requests as well

Comment

Hi everyone, I'm Pcorange😀. I am passionate about the world of technology and IT, I often help friends and acquaintances, and several times I have to help people with bios problems for which I always have to look for the correct .bin files

Comment

Hello, This looks like a good place to learn about all kinds of electronics, i just got my first schematic of here already. Thanks

Comment

Hi, my name is Ernesto and I'm a big fan of repair things especially electronics.

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hai I'm new
                                my first system was 286 AT with 21Mhz processor
                                I'm not hardware guy but I crazy about computer wares.

Guess what
                                Now Mmmm I worked on one of Capacitor Mfg dough, not spying :p
                                I'm only interested how good is my company compare to others, if good I want a salary increase this year

Comment

Hi, has anyone the schematic of Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5-1470 (Type 81C9)? No power on, I guess is or are MOSFET issue.
                                  Thank you in advance. Regards,

Comment

My name is geekteck from South africa, i repair laptop motherboards

Comment

Hello,

Im a 27 years old geek guy trying to fix some lenovo m710q chrome, i like tecnology and finding other ways to make thing work, im from mexico and anything i can help reach me out

Comment

Hey ya'all my names Will. 30 y/o with a passion for computers and audio. Been lurking on this forum for a while. Recently purchased a used and broken macbook that i'm troubleshooting. So far its still broken but I hope to change that soon enough! Thanks for having me!

Comment

nice

Comment

Working...
                                          X