Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I stumbled upon this forum looking for a schematic for an Acer laptop that I accidentally bricked, and given all the things I look for online I'm really surprised I didn't know about it years ago. I'm more of a lurker though and have a strong reluctance for being social, so you won't see me post much.

I started soldering when I was 8, and built my first computer from random spare parts a friend gave me back in ~2000. Some people live by the saying, "Fix it up, wear it out, make it do or do without." For me its more like, "Fix it up, wear it out, fix it up again, until it either costs more to fix than new or it's so old that it doesn't fulfill it's purpose anymore."

I have a degree in electrical engineering, and though I don't have much experience in the work field, I have many years of experience fixing pretty much anything electrical or mechanical over a very broad range of consumer devices and appliances.

Comment

This is dumb, need to download U1

Comment

Introduction
        New here and just wanted to say hello anhopenyou all are having a great day!

Comment

Hi,

Stumbled upon this site when looking for a schematic, found it here! Much good information here so I will hang around! Since I got the help that I needed here I hope one day I might be able to help someone else!

About? Male 40, sweden, married w children, works as electronic engineer at a consultant company.

Comment

Hola, espero ser de utilidad en este sitio, saludos a todos

Comment

Hi everyone! New member here. 3rd Year Computer Science student trying to explore new things when it comes to computer hardware and software and I love building from scratch.

Comment

Hi everyone! I joined out of interest in various electronics and their possibilities.

Comment

Hello guys new here..!

Comment

Hello! I am a new. Thanks for such great forum!

Comment

Hi, I'm new here. My first system was the IBM X31. I'm not a hardware expert, but I'm fascinated by computer products. The device I'm currently using is a Surface Book, and I really love it.

Comment

Hello, I work with electronics as a hobby

Comment

Hi! stumbled upon this site while looking for a bios pw for my getac. I dabble in electronics repair and would rather fix something than buy new.

Comment

Hello, I am your average "something broke so I'll try to fix it myself" person looking for information on the internet for my electronic devices.

Comment

Hi everyone.

A little about me:

I've always loved computers back when I was 10 years old, my first contact with a PC was a 486 that didn't even booted, so my first idea was to open it and check inside to see if anything was lose. It turns out a cable was disconnected (I still remember, IDE cable and master and slave configuration was all wrong for the HDD) I figured it out somehow and computer started, it had windows 95 and I then began to learn all I could about computers talking to some people.

I also always loved playing videogames and so it wasn't until the age of 14/15 that I started trying to fix my own controllers (I was breaking them a lot) and I still remember the feeling of accomplishment that repairing things always gave me.

Life came and I had to try to work in this area, so I've studied IT and tried to do programming, but it simply wasn't for me, I love installing and configuring software, but I hate making them. It doesn't give me any kind of fulfilment doing so, and I couldn't and still can't to this day do anything that involves programming language since I hate it hard.

This was not very good for my life, since hardware doesn't pay so much as software development. So I'm recently studying even more to begin my own business as a repair shop, I've been studying, watching content and searching for answers and any help that can make me achieve the repair I'm attempting. Also I really feel satisfied and glad when I finally can fix something.

Eventually I realized that this is what I wanna do in my life, fix and repair boards, give customer the satisfaction of having their goods working again.

Comment

Hello friends. My name is Julius and I'm from Brazil.

I've been working with mac's for 5 years now. We are one of the best repair center in Sao Paulo, focusing in vintage macs. But we repair the new one's too.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

Hi I'm 4Score and I appreciate the impact of the site and am honored. I Looking forward to learning more about this exciting field. Thanks

Comment

Hi everybody,
                                    I'm Greg, 43 years old and i 'm a system engineer.
                                    I'm seeing more and more broken items on classified ads, and I think it's awesome to be able to repair things that would otherwise end up in the trash. It's my small way of reducing electronic waste.

Hope to have some fun here as well as learn more about computer electronics and sharpen my electronics skills.​

Comment

Hi There!

I have been tinkering with hardware since middle earth was young and Commodore C64s were considered a decent piece of kit. That doesn't mean I am any good at it, only old.

Apart from building and upgrading my own own PCs, I am somewhat incapable of throwing things away and am therefore permanently trying to upcycle, whether it makes sense or not.

My current projects are to fill my wife's 2015 Macbook Air with new life (CPU & RAM) and building my son a desktop with parts we salvaged from a junkyard.

In my day job I am a Business Intelligence / Analytics / Data Warehousing consultant who is now loving life in a medium sized company after many, many years in the Big 4.

I live in the tri country area where Belgium, Netherlands and Germany come together.

All the best,
                                      Sebastian

Comment

Hi. My name is Robbi. I'm from indonesia. And I really need help for my Lenovo v530 24icb

Comment

Hello everyone,

It's a pleasure to be here with so many talented professionals in the IT field. My name is Abdelhamid Boualem, and I'm an experienced systems and network trainer with over 15 years of expertise in IT infrastructure management. I've had the privilege of working on a variety of projects ranging from network security and virtualization to system automation and cloud deployments.

In my current role, I'm passionate about sharing knowledge and helping the next generation of IT professionals develop the skills they need to thrive in our ever-evolving industry. I'm particularly interested in discussing virtualization technologies, network architecture, and best practices for managing complex systems.

I look forward to connecting with many of you, sharing insights, and learning from each other's experiences. Let's continue pushing the boundaries of technology together!

Thank you.
                                          AB

Comment

Working...
                                          X