Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi im bios guy 3480 and I needed to sign up for this forum because it has a .bin file i need

Comment

Good Day all My Name is Nkosinathi Khumalo from Cape Town South Africa, I am new to this group and hope to find some help.

Comment

Hello, stuck forever here now.

Comment

Hello, im ddpaud.
          Im new here.
          I dont have electrical background but i want to learn how to repair electronics

Comment

Hey, What's up? Been Breaking the home pc since the mid 90's. '00s I was skinning my gta character as the guy from hitman 2 just because. with xp, i changed up the whole interface. winedit or something like that... making new start menu icons pixel by pixel so i wouldn't add too many bytes to the code. Some of the error messages i changed on my friends computers... i was funny then.

learned html from all the help files that came with the games i would get loaned to me. made a webpage for some church up the street. paid me 50$. i didn't have the internet for another 4 or 5 years. well forgot all that. several years ago, i was going to make some side cash buying up old chromebooks and installing linux on them. man. Samsung 550c, i think it was, was a killer machine for 15$ a pop! I'm a really bad salesman and would end up giving them away to fiends with kids and then got distracted. phones too, that was my thing with the first note 2 i found in a snowbank and kept going for 3 years! I loved rooting phones. i was not the best around by any means but was doing pretty good for not knowing that that would come to a head with, idk all the bs that tuned it into too much of a headache to bother keeping all those parts phones and this asus tablet, verizon branded. months i messed with this thing. dude sold it to me for 15 bucks. wasn't even stolen. i tracked down more programming software and more firmware images and pieced them together, wth is a firehose? i found out then. ended up with a clean slate with nothing but a unix style command interface before i put it down. So I did manage to break verizons security protocols on my trusty 550c.
            Still not a programmer. I just like getting boxes in the mail. So busted crap on ebay is my jam. right now i have, functional, t70 i7 with touch screen, t470s, t480, my s is missed. l14 i ordered from Lithuania for 10$ and 10$ shipping that got here faster than whatever i was buying out of the valley that week. 20 minutes of frankenseining it and it was loading windows 11 from a external. the thing was smashed.
            bios locks are starting to become a real problem now. that l14, with a dutch keyboard, bios lock. a lot of freedom to get around but not quite enough, and it doesn't have a battery and i cant justify buying one. so that's an ,eh... hurdle. My other one is a fast as hell 5401 i9 that WAS NOT supposed to be bios locked but i couldn't send it back with the price i got it for. I was the only bidder @ 54@ for the mobo. the first one was no power and failed to mention the obvios dakari that was dumped on it. Churches, pfft, am i right? well this is loaded to the gills 512 micron nvme and 1gb wd blue for games. 64gb random ram. but that damn locked bios is telling me i cant do stuff i want to do and i need to rectify that. then i have this hp i just got, this hp dy100. it got ran over or something. i got it running pretty well, but the mouse caught on fire and i it's just kind of boring. thought the 10th gen i7 would be an upgrade... ok so that's it for now. i have go play not computer nerd for a few hours and go try not to get too more dumberer... thanls.

Comment

Hi, i found this forum trying to revive my old laptop.
              Im from argentina
              I dont have electrical background at all, i just buy a ch31a and experimenting ... if its work great!!

Comment

Hi Guys,
                New to repairing things, doing it as a hobby and repair volunteer.
                Looking forward to learning lots from you all legends.
                Thank you

Comment

Hello everyone, I hope you are well!
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	dataurl158993.png
Views:	0
Size:	359 Bytes
ID:	3464407

Comment

How are you guys . am Takudzwa from Zimbabwe . got 1 year experience , here to learn more.

Comment

I am cdimage. Glad to join the community

Comment

Hello all, I'm new here.
                        I want to learn how to repair electronics. I have some older computers that I have worked on and enjoyed the process.

Comment

Hello
                          A total novice. Just stumbled upon this forum after picking up some used thinkpads that are having issues. I'm here for the tools offered by some of the smart people in the forums and to learn as much as I can.

Thanks!

Comment

Hola a todos, saludos

Comment

Well, to start things off!
                              Been working with Computers for 47+ Years. Just now turning to Repairing/Testing of Motherboards and Graphics Cards.
                              I've Built Computers in the Past for Others and they've worked great.

Comment

New Member, I am an electrical and computer engineering student and I like tinkering with stuff, in this case modding my bios to re enable undervolting

Comment

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I found this place when I was looking for some information. I am a simple Windows 10 and Linux user.

Comment

Greetings everyone. I'm looking forward to hopefully having a good experience in this forum. Be patient with me please. As i am a disabled former electrical engineer who no longer has the mental aptitude i once had. I thank you for your patience.😊

Comment

Working...
                                    X