Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Hi everyone! I'm excited to join this community. I've been working on laptop repairs for a while now and look forward to learning from and sharing knowledge with all of you. Whether it's hardware troubleshooting, software fixes, or anything in between, I'm eager to contribute and collaborate!"

Comment

Hello everyone, I'm electronic hobbiest guy hope to find new knowledge here. Thx.

Comment

Hi!!! I'm starting in this world of eletronics anda maitnance. Only a hobby for now, but could be something else in the future. My formal education is Molecular biology and I have a PhD ins biology of infection agents. I give lectures in med school and work as a researcher in a university here in my country.

Hope to get some help from u guys. Tkx! Qapla'

PS: Sorry for my english. It is not my main language.

Comment

Hello there,
          name's Adam, I'm a 24yo with no degree or experience in this field, but I like PC building and that inevitably lead me into trying to repair the odd broken board I had laying around. Today in search of some schematics I came across this place, and that's pretty much it. Hope I can pick up a few tricks.

Comment

Good morning everyone

Comment

Heya just a guy that likes to do some basic repairs and thinkering with electronics

Comment

As the name suggest, I'm here as after many years of "building" custom computers, I've finally bricked my first computer via my own negligence. Hope to slowly comb through this library of babel treating everyone with respect, as mentors and as peers.

Comment

Just a hobbyist who occasionally fixes computers.

Comment

Hi all im a computer engineer and here for help and to help. Thanks

Comment

olá, minha vez...
                      sou um jovem senhor de 30 e tantos anos, que a 5 dias operou catarata nos olhos (Jáá???), kkkkk é a vida..
                      Quando não estou em casa, normalmente estou trabalhando ou pescando, kkkkk...
                      sou analista/desenvolvedor de software, e quando em casa, além de marido, (pra não apanhar a esposa, haha), também gosto de sapecar os dedos com um ferro de soldar, sentir o aroma do estanho derretido (que faz mal por sinal) e reviver (ou terminar de matar) alguns equipamentos, que encontro por ai...
                      Bem isso é um pouco sobre mim... Busco aqui conhecimentos e, também se estiver ao meu alcance, repassar aos demais um pouco sobre mim... do que sei aos que podem vir a precisar.

Comment

Anyone please be so kind as to assist and identify/suggest a thyristor for this application:Supply voltage = 12 volt (100 amp hour lead acid battery), load: brand new 90 amp tyre pump/compressor - if I allow a safety margin the inrush amps = 108 amps. The battery protection circuit trips when we try to start the compressor/pump ,cold or already run for a while. I want to fit a thyristor in the wiring from the battery the compressor/pump, to ensure the battery protection does not cut out the battery supply to the pump/compressor, before the pump start to run.

However, I do not find a thyristor that is rated for 12 volt and 110 amps. The ones I find for 110 amps are rated for hundreds of volts. Is there possibly a thyristor that is suitable? If not, what else do you suggest I use to get the compressor to start?

Your help will be much appreciated!

Comment

Cheers from France,

Born in the eighties the first unit I put my hands on was a venerable Pentium II I used for playing games. I studied business but as far as I remember, I always enjoyed to disassemble things to see how they work (which might be related to the death of the Pentium II mentionned earlier...). Recently I discovered the tremendous world of Arduinos/Raspberry and built my own plant watering station with wireless soil moisture sensors. I found this forum while searching hints about an issue on an Asus Laptop and I have to admit I was impressed by the level of skill i noticed while reading threads. Now I better understand after reading some posts in this thread, there are people very serious about electronic around here, I feel like a newborn. Generally speaking, I like to fix stuff, I'm not the kind of guy throwing away a phone because the battery is dead. I don't have any electronic certification, I learn a lot thanks to Internet, experimentation and determination.

Comment

Hello everyone. I'm new, and I hope to find new knowledge here

Comment

I am a fledgling electronics repair person with a history in bioscience. I've taken it up as a hobby/side gig in my retirement. I know just enough to be dangerous to circuit boards. What I don't know fills volumes, literally.

Comment

Hi everyone,

I make a short introduccion because my english is not so good
                                i am it support and i live in argentina buenos aires. I start in the world of electronic repair and i need your help about it.
                                I send to all here my kind regards and a nice day.

Comment

Hi there

I'm just a software developer with a DMM and a screwdriver!

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Good to be here, just a new hobby im looking to pursue.

Comment

Hi there,
                                      Just learning some stuff.

Comment

Hi there,

Practicing electronics as a hobby (studied in the fields but almost never worked in electronics), mainly doing some small projects. Occasionally repairing stuffs.

Comment

Working...
                                        X