Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I started work as a trainee technician for the NZBC at a radio station in NZ, had to go to tech school, climb the mast, start up and tune the shortwave transmitters and try not to look at the Playboy centerfolds on the tea room wall.
    After that I joined film sound then worked as a stringer film camerman, followed by a stint at horticulture/farming then moved to 'Stralia where I repaired pinballs/video games/jukeboxes until I retired a few years ago.
    I'm now getting back into audio and electronics repair as a hobby and hope to pick the brains of all the experts here when I get stumped on a repair.

Comment

Hi everyone!

I'm a passionate electronics hobbyist who loves tinkering with various devices. Whether it's repairing Hi-Fi systems, amplifiers, or building custom speakers, I enjoy every step of the process. I'm always eager to learn new skills and share knowledge with fellow enthusiasts. Looking forward to contributing to the community and exchanging ideas!

Comment

Hello everyone!

Comment

Hi everyone, I joined this forum as I end up here regularly when trying to find information on electronics, main boards etc. I have an engineering degree in electronics but was always involved with software at work. I picked up electronics again a few years ago. I play around with Arduino's, try to fix all kinds of stuff (from cars to mainboards) and am I licensed HAM operator.
          Looking forward to upgrade my knowledge through this forum.

Comment

HI GUYS IM FROM ALGERIA I HAVE LENOVO T480S

Comment

Hey!

Comment

bom dia sou do BRASIL e trabalho em reparos eletronicos desde 1971, se eu poder ajudar estou a disposiĆ§Ć£o.

Comment

Just joined the group. Looking for instruction to mod DELL bios to deactivate CompuTrace.

Comment

My name is LEE YOMI and I'm Africa I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Comment

Hello!

I'm a support coordinator covering ~300 employees across 13 locations and supporting roughly 50k people using our app and platform. We've gone back and forth with staff computers over the years and now we're back on Macs. Joined up looking to get schematics for Macbooks so I can repair machines rather than replace. I do a lot of board level game console modding along with arduino and rpi projects in my spare time. Microsoldering and hardware troubleshooting just comes with the territory.

Comment

I am a beginner here.just learn something from here!!

Comment

Hy Guys,

my Name is Moe, IĀ“m from germany and i Work on old PCĀ“s and Laptops.

IĀ“m here to learn how to flash Bios files.

Cheers

Moe

Comment

Hi there, I am a French mathematician in Lyon. I began on a ZX81 in the 80's, Alice, Commodore64, Amstrad6128, Powerbook, then Linux and all was good. But I had a MacBook Pro 13" 2020 A2251 at work, and it suddenly stopped working without having being bad to it (I ride my bike everyday though). I replaced the motherboard so now it works again, but with other data. I would like to repair the 661-15938 motherboard. I spotted where it burned
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	Motherboard.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	158.8 KB
ID:	3328580and it is pretty small but I don't know where to begin to know what is this piece that I have to replace... Here is a closeup. I don't know where to look in order to find whether it is a capacitor or a resistance or what...
                            Click image for larger version

Name:	MotherboardCloseUp.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	174.2 KB
ID:	3328578
                            Thanks for maintaining such a great space for hackers and fixers. Best regards, Kristion
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi all from Spain, always loved tinkering with PC's as a kid. I mainly buy non working laptops and try to give them a new lease of life in my spare time... something about it is just addicting. whether it goes wrong or right..

I've been on this forum for a while now but never really posted until now. Appreciate all the excellent knowledge around here, and hope to stick around for a long time.

See you around

Comment

Hi I am new user, that jumped here to understand well some operations, in order to create some tutorials online for all community of this forum.

Comment

Hello everyone! Greetings from Poland.

Comment

Hi everyone from Spain

Comment

Hey just here to learn new things and try out some tools for bios unlocking for various brands.

Comment

Hi all!! I'm constantly learning, this time taking the opportunity of my dead OLED to keep learning new skills.

Comment

I'm yearning to learn how to fix stuff the correct way! I hate the thought of having to hand over my broken electronics to an actual pro and I want to be "that guy" who knows how to fix nearly everything. I believe my first repair was an iPad mini 2 screen replacement when I was about 5 or 7 years old. I joined because I just learned what Boardview is and wanted to download schematics for an Acer Aspire 3.

Comment

Working...
                                          X