This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone,
    I'm new to the forum and excited to join this community. My interests include technology, especially gaming laptops and processors, as well as religious topics like Bible verses and love poems. I'm looking forward to learning from all of you and contributing where I can.

Thanks for having me!

Comment

Hello My name is Robin 30 years and from germany. I love tinkering and trying out new stuff and tech, but I registered because I screwed up with my lenovo forgetting my supervisor password

Comment

Hello to all, just a brief overview, I have a little experience with computers, but far from an expert.
        I apprenticed as an avionics engineer, progressing through a few field support engineer positions to finally work in medical diagnostic support which covered all principles, including software, computing and robotics. Still shy of an expert in all of the principles though I could repair and return the equipment back to full operation given time, documentation and spares. Those days are now gone for me, the pressure is off and I just focus on broken toys from my granchildren, or the occasional old notebook discarded by one of my boys.
        Like a number of other members my experience goes way back, Apple 2-2E, BBC, Commodore, IBM PC, hardware up to to maybe 2010, but I have found it increasingly difficult to keep abreast of the recent tech and software.
        I seem to have damaged a cog in my gear chain, and technology just does not intuitively become apparent to me any more, this is where I am interested in the contributions supplied from the groups with in Badcaps.
        I will of course willingly provide a contribution if any of the topics touch on my limited knowledge and I can assist someone.

All the best
        Connell
        Connell

Comment

Hello world

Comment

Hi, I'm from South America, and resources are scarce here (like in any third world country), so it's always good business to learn and improve repair skills, even before buying new things. I'm learning about motherboard repair and don't really know where to start looking for schematics, so this forum seems like a good place to start. Because my country is in such a hard mode, I'm on my way to striving for a self-taught technical craft rather than attending some neglected and ideologically controlled local public college, because, again, geography (and $$$).
            I´m interested in automation industry, i also know a bit about C/C++ & ladder lang, i work as phone technician

Comment

Hi . i guess I should introduce myself too , My name is Carlos Mateos im 43 y/o , im an amateur electronic , i love fixing electronics , i have been doing this for around 15 years , ive been more involve with video games and pc motherboards and a few tvs , i hope have some fun here and learn a lot , ill help with anything i can , Thank you .

Comment

Mustafa NOORI from turkey

Comment

Hello, glad to be part of this community!

Comment

Hi all, I'm Jan.

I'm a danish man living in the Philippines for 24 years, my background is IT, which I have been doing for 36 years, Support, Custom builds, repair, whole system supplier. I started reading everything i could about computers when I were 14, then at 15 I bought my first second hand PC and upgraded it and sold it with a profit, from there it just continued - I was hooked

These days I dabble a bit when someone ask me for help or when I buy something for myself or family, but mostly the laptop is on in the evening for browsing and movies, in the daytime there is house, dogs,cat and kid to take care of, and of course going to the beach Simple life, in paradise(except for daily power off from our "beloved" power company, here they are called brownouts).

Comment

HI I'M Zbigniew
                      Technic IT and electronic .
                      nice to meet you guys

Comment

hello
                        A WELCOME to everyone that joins in!!

Comment

Hello guys,

Iam from Germany and 24 years old. I really love to repair computers and other tech!

I am so thankfull that this Forum exsist.

Comment

Mornin' -

I'm from Atlanta and recently decided to screw around with all my broken electronics. I gathered up a large set of microscope and soldering equipment over the last couple of years and did nothing more than "practice boards" that ended up looking nice and pretty (LED type stuff). Now, with some time on my hands, I might as well dive into fixing laptops and electronics that have been sitting on shelves for some time gathering dust. Thanks for the forum...seems it will help with personal needs quite well.

Comment

Working...
                            X